2008 How To: Put adj lowering links on...

busatim

Registered
I am going to do this mod myself, Can someone tell me how this is done ? I have rear spools and a stand, and 2 small floor jacks. Where do I start ? Need HELP !! Please PM me with this information. I bought the Soupys rear adjustable lowering links. busatim

not sure myself, but it looks like you would need someone to sit on the bike to keep suspension down. I don't know though, sorry???

Put the bike on the rear stand, remove the belly pan and loosen the dog bone nuts and use a floor jack to jack it from where the belly pan bolts to. Jack it up just to the point of the swingarm starting to lift from the stand. watch the dog bone bolts and you will see them move a little when the pressure is off. This is a gen 1 but all the bikes I have done are the same, just may have to jack in a different place.

i noted where the nut or whatver its called for my rear spring was at then loosened it the whole way so there was no pressure on the rear spring and i was able to freely move my swingarm where i needed it..

Back