Lowering?

KoolWhip

Registered
Is there a "how to" on lowering the front end of the busa? I cant seem to find any material thats very specific on how to do it. I know the rear I can just get some Soupy's lowering dog bone links, but what about the front? Is it hard?

You can use spacers between your handle bars and triple tree,cost about fifty bucks from schitz racing. it will raise your handle bars about 1-1/2'' then you have room to move your fork tubes up which lowers your bike. If your want to lower your bike more than 1-1/2'' or if you dont want your handle bars higer than stock you have to buy an after market upper triple tree that lets the fork tubes slide threw.

Soupy also makes a front lowering kit $15 Click here!  If you are ordering links, you save on shipping.

As said above if you do not want to raise the bars, you will need a custom upper handlebar cover or Tree.

$15 just paid $30, DAYUM
argue.gif

lower_001__Medium_.jpg

All you guys that lower your bikes must have some nice flat roads where you live!
In NY where I live if I were to lower my Busa I would never make it out of the driveway, never mind down the block! The man hole covers stick up so much that even though I have my bike +1 in the rear I still need to drive around them, Maybe it has something to do with my fat a$$?

Really brief ...
First of all YOU SHOULD REMOVE ALL WEIGHT FROM THE FRONT FORKS BEFORE LOWERING!!! I mean to the point where the front wheels is actually off of the ground. I hoist mine up via the triple tree using the beams in my backyard shed. You don't have to do this, but I HIGHLY recommend you get that front wheel up off of the ground.

To get a better understanding, do this (ONLY IF YOU STILL HAVE THE STOCK TREE IN PLACE). First off, take note as to how little of a gap there is between the tree clamp and the fork. Now, follow the forks down until you see 2 bolts on each one. They're about 1/3 of the way down. Loosen those 4 bolts as much as possible without taking them out. Next loosen the pinch bolts. There is a pinch bolt holding each fork and is located just under the tree clamp. You can see these when sitting on the bike. Anyways, loosen those. Not long after, you'll feel the bike come down and stop. Remeber that gap I mentioned earlier ... ? Take a look at it now. It's gone because the forks are now up against the clamp. Had you not had that clamp in place or had had an aftermarket one there, the forks would have simply kept coming up through the holes meaning the bike would have continued going down.

You should now have a basic understanding as to how to lower the bike and why I said you should remove the weight from the front end.

BTW ... did you know the SEARCH engine is up and running again?  
poke.gif

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums....09e10dc

Back