Just got hit by a drunk driver....

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Got rear ended about 2pm today at a stop light by a drunk guy on his cell phone. The rear end is smashed up pretty good. I'm OK, just a little tightness in my back. The good news is, I was ready for a new exhaust and undertail! LOL My main concern is making sure the swingarm wasnt tweaked. The guy was driving an explorer so he hit pretty high and wasnt going much more than 5-8 MPH. The bike is at the shop, and ill be shopping online for a few days. I guess I came out of it smelling like roses. The wild thing is, I'm that psycho anti drunk driver type. (usually the sober one driving in the group.) Ill try to get some pics sometime.

Last edited:
Dude...so glad to see you posting. What a relief.

Please let us know what we can do.

Glad you're okay and no rush on pics. Take care of yourself first. Go after the guy for everything and anything you can. Both civil and criminal.

Wow...glad to hear you're okay. I'm with you...fanatically against drunk driving and have no patience for the losers that do it. What's going to happen to the lush?

Rear enders scare the heck out of me, check out this post.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/107867-what-expect.html

Keep a diary of your 'pain and suffering', make sure you get checked out for that stiff back and make sure there are no long term issues because you don't want to release them from covering future medical expenses if you have issues.

Best of luck and make them pay, drunk on a cell phone sounds like you won some sort of lottery AND you are still alive to collect!

PS

Is there a rash of this stuff going around? ???

In spite of the fact that you're an anti-Raiders fan ;), I'm glad to see you posting up with very little ill effects from the irresponsibility of one of our nations far too numerous drunk drivers.

Best of luck with the re-build! :cheerleader:

bush.jpg

:whistle::laugh::lol::laugh:

Last edited:
what is up with everyone getting hit by drunk drivers? Who drinks the middle of the day. Glad to hear you ok. I have to be more careful when stop now cause this happening to alot of people these days
Posted via Mobile Device

I am very glad that you made it out with injuries that were not any worse.

Did the police respond to the scene so that the drunk could have at the very least gotten a DWI or DUI??

Chris , I am glad to see that you are ok. I hope this fool that hit you get's what he deserves.

OK, heres the deal. The guy blew a .07 with technically is not drunk here in Illinois. .08 is drunk. He was issued an "OV" ticket along with the accident ticket. I'm not sure what an "OV" ticket is but the officer (which was a friend of mine!) said she couldnt arrest him but it is similar to ad DUI. Now, this accident stuff is all new to me. The bike is at the shop getting an estimate. What do I do after that? I have his insurance info on the police report. Do I contact them personally or does my insurance agent handle it?

Back