Just bought a 09

gtfitter597

Registered
Hey all, I sold my 03 600 last year and picked up a 09 busa this weekend. It has a whopping 1 mile on it now!

What exactly is the break-in period. The salesman said to keep it under 6,000 rpm for the first 600 miles until the service. The guy that delivered laughed when I asked him abot break in and said just to have it serviced at 600 miles.

I really want to do a Brocks Alien Head system, will I hurt anything doing a full system with 1 mile on the bike? Have another month at least before I can actually ride here.

Thanks all!!

there are mixed theories on the break in. I kept it easy until 500 miles others ran it out of the gate. 500-600 miles is a good weekend ride. Hit a few hours on a Friday...A nice Saturday ride over several counties (Lunch and Dinner)....Sunday cruise for half a day. Should be at break in.:beerchug:

but, in words of a great Busa rider......."Grip it and Rip it":thumbsup:

Congrats on your purchase...we need pics:welcome:

DSCI0038.jpg

My only pic so far. Would anyone be opposed to the brocks full kit before break-in? I have over a month to tinker with it, would be nice to get the exhaust done.

The exhaust will not hurt the bike. I personally break my bikes in against the factory theory. I let it warm up and cool down a couple of times, then I run it through the gears in the city for about 20 minutes then I go to the highway and let her rip through 1st to 4th gear about two times. Ride it home and change the oil/filter- done!

This is how "I" have done my bikes with 0 problems with 0 compression loss over time and time again. No flaming guys! its just me.

Oil change and tighten chain, look bike over, proceed to rip you off:laugh: If you can do these yourself, I would, that's steep.

Congrats on the new bike. The white is actually starting to grow on me.

The full exhaust wont hurt the bike at all. Most dealers will actually install a full exhaust as an option if you want them to.

Do the oil change and adjusting the chain yourself. Its easy and much cheaper!

Where are you located?

:welcome: I waited till 1000mi mark to put exhaust on. I followed the break in recommendations as well. Seems like cheap insurance to help the life of you new baby:thumbsup:

Welcome :welcome:

And you can put the exhaust on soon as it leaves the floor.. nothing like some good dyno pulls while tuning to seat those rings :)

The exhaust will not hurt the bike. I personally break my bikes in against the factory theory. I let it warm up and cool down a couple of times, then I run it through the gears in the city for about 20 minutes then I go to the highway and let her rip through 1st to 4th gear about two times. Ride it home and change the oil/filter- done!

This is how "I" have done my bikes with 0 problems with 0 compression loss over time and time again. No flaming guys! its just me.

+1 and learn to do normal maintenance yourself, much cheaper; and you know it's done right. Too many dealerships now have crackheads working in the service dept.

Any questions, just post up! This is an awesome site with great people! :beerchug:

And Welcome!
:thumbsup:

Back