Just bought my Gen 3

ControlledKaoz

Registered
Good morning. I just bought my Gen 3 on Saturday and took the bike out for the first time on Sunday. However, I am already to the 600 mile mark and was wondering if any of you knew the K&N filter number that would work with that engine? Also, what oil do people recommend that I use? I don't ride in cold temps AT ALL, I did see in the manual that I

Busa.jpg
could use 20W50 if not riding in cold temps. What are peoples recommendations?

Woo! Congrats on getting a Gen 3. :D K&N oil filter part # for all Hayabusa years is KN-138.

Bike shop I bought mine from always services it with Motul 7100 and a Hiflofiltro HF138. Bike runs cool and quiet under the scorching Puerto Rican sun.

I'm due for the fourth oil change soon and don't plan to change the combo. Used oil always looks deep red like new, and I'm in the upper RPM range a lot. Not getting them +40 MPG, ha-ha.

Last edited:
You dont get a complimentary first service?
Huge variation in what folk are getting.

With previous new bikes I’ve always had a free first service, this one I didn’t but It’ll never return to the dealership I bought it from anyway.

Some folk got a free single seat cowl (it’s now an extra) others didn’t.

Some folk here got a free “touring pack” I didn’t.

I got a free “billet pack”, oil filler cap, chain adjuster blocks, folding levers, crash bungs, a Busa carpet and Busa bike cover.

I see the US get a gift card for doing the recall where other places don’t.

Back