Just bought my second Busa

Those limited edition Busas come with specific number plate with your name on it as well as a special back pack.
Make sure your dealer submits proper request for them.

So about a year ago, I had bought a 2008, Blue/Gold, used, 9000 miles. I really loved it, but after taking a trip to Laughlin (from Phoenix), I realized I needed a better bike for road trips. I traded in the Busa in on a 2010 Harley Ultra Limited, fully loaded, power tuned, pipes, etc.

While the Harley is great for the trips, it's not so good for around-town, and severely lacking in power and sportiness.

I noticed my old bike was still at the dealership (well another branch, but same parent company) about two months ago. I went and looked at it, but bought the wife a 2007 BMW M6 instead. I figured if it was there after 8 months, it will probably be there a bit longer.

So after filing taxes and writing a big check to the IRS, I decided to go treat myself, and actually was going to go buy back my 2008 Busa, which the dealership still had as of the 22nd of this month as shown in an ad on Craigslist (slow sales year, as all the Busas they had were still there after almost a year).

I went to the bank, took out the cash, plus a couple thousand more, just in case. Turns out they sold my old bike less than a week ago :banghead:

They did have some of the limited edition red 2012's in stock at a really good price, 0 miles, $10,950. They wanted $10,260 for my old one.

Now I have both a Hayabusa AND a Harley. They each have their purpose, so I'm happy. Ordered a pair of Akrapovic carbon slip ons, double bubble ZG screen, fender eliminator, heli bars, soupy's riser, GSXR mirrors, so I'll have it back to where my old one was (except it had polished Yosh RS3 slip ons).

Here's a pic from the morning after I brought it home from the dealership:

I don't blame you, I own both two!

ForumRunner_20130407_200222.png

ForumRunner_20130407_200222.png

Those limited edition Busas come with specific number plate with your name on it as well as a special back pack.
Make sure your dealer submits proper request for them.

I just read about that, I had no idea, nor did they tell me about it. I just called the dealer and they are checking in on that for me.

Thanks for the heads up!

I did get the Akrapovic slip ons installed, as well as the DB screen and Grip Puppies. Haven't installed the Soupy's riser yet. Still waiting on heli-bars, Buell pegs, tidy plate.

Little shot of my helper with the bike....

hayabusa-0408.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice bike! i've got soupy's risers and buell pegs. what a world of a difference over stock.:beerchug:

Back