Just bought a 09

My bike (09) has 53 miles on it and it has the mods listed in my sig :laugh: it has also seen the upper end of the tach several times :whistle:

50/50 on the break in. I think I asked same.
Some say rub it and baby it others say lay rubber in the showroom floor as you leave on the back wheel.
No real proof as to which one works better. Just whatever your comfy with.
Putting the exhaust on wont hurt it but then you should also do other mods that go with that full system like PC , filter and dyno tune.
Me I left mine alone till it hit 1k and then did the mods.

Warranty wise God forbid something does go wrong with it in the 1st 1k miles.
You dont want to have ripped it apart and put all kinds of things on it and be hoping the dealer will cover whatever is wrong. Easy way out for them...

You did this and that and sorry you voided your warranty.
Thats a worst case scenario but with a new bike worst case should be first in your mind.
No hurry the parts and mods will be there. Ride it for a while , baby it , get on it but leave it stock for at least a bit to make sure that its right.

Welcome and congrats on getting the fastest most wicked colored HIGHERBOOSA than any other...:welcome:

Black AH.clean 006.JPG

:welcome: to the org...

as far as the break-in do what your gut tells you to do...

Thanks everyone!
As far as the maintenence I will just do myself. This is the first time for me actually working on a bike. I am big into cars and just did a turbo system on my trans am and know I am qualified for maintence at least on a bike, just wondering if its worth having the dealer do the first one to get it on record?

Full Brock's GEN 3 shorty for me at only 8 miles. I think as far as break in I'm going to try to break it in by the book for the first 600 miles. Then change the oil to amsoil full synthetic and hit the track. My 01 gixxer 1000 has ran flawless for the last 9 years so I'm going to stick by the book, mostly :laugh:. Sweet color by the way.

Brocks 1.JPG

Back