Just another tire thread

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
Tried Dunlop Q2's... I like them alot....fronts holding up at 2,900 miles... rear is GONE..but did do 7-8 passes at the drags [burnout's] and 75 plus miles at Reno fernly raceway on the big road course... Pic's
Rear was a 190/55. now a 190/50. Broke it in edge to edge in 30 miles. Call me nutz'.. just turned 61...owned this bike for over 11 years. Whats not to Love... It has a lame 45k on it but most miles are a blast....love the twisty's and high speed desert runs. :grinning:

2012-07-13 17.58.25.jpg

2012-07-19 13.38.42.jpg

2012-07-22 12.59.09.jpg

That sounds about right mileage-wise, but she'll hold like a race tire

The Q-2's are great tires and are what I run on my 09 and what I had on my 05. They saw a few track days as well. I wore a set out completely going to the bash and back, the newest set on my 09 are holding up well with the daily commute. I was hoping to make a trip out to northern NM this year, may have to try out the Angels or put Storms back on for the high mileage rides. I love them, but as soon as you get home you have to change tires. :laugh:

Price : Traction ratio = Q2s are near impossible to beat .
If you are burning thru them faster than you wish ... consider yourself one of the luckiest people alive ... and just buy more ! ! :laugh:
In all seriousness , 'Busas do alot for us but , there is no free lunch ... when ridden hard they do eat tires .
Everything else holds up remarkably well , feed your tire eater well and she will repay you immensely .

Same if not more with michelins and i garuntee you arent going to lose sight of me on any back roads.

I'll take that bet Yank. I'll bet you a grand that you and I can take a few laps around Barber (I don't do stupid sh it on the streets) I'll run Q2's and you on your antique michelin PP 2cts. You can follow and we'll pick up the pace a little on each lap until you either crash or get of far behind you'll be looking over your shoulder for me.

If you don't crash on the first session we can run a couple of hot laps and I'll bet you another grand that I'll be out of your sight on the first lap! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice replies guy's...Ps i have had so many different brands of tires on this thing.. i can't remember them all...Had BTO16's so so wore out fast. Don't think they were made for such a heavy bike as the Busa. Mich CT2's worked pretty darn good. Mich Pilot pures...thought they were pretty racy...not so much so. These Q2's though seem to gitt'r done....on the break in ride a few day's ago....that new rear just stuck like glue
right from the get go... one word [Trustworthy]

I'll take that bet Yank. I'll bet you a grand that you and I can take a few laps around Barber (I don't do stupid sh it on the streets) I'll run Q2's and you on your antique michelin PP 2cts. You can follow and we'll pick up the pace a little on each lap until you either crash or get of far behind you'll be looking over your shoulder for me.

If you don't crash on the first session we can run a couple of hot laps and I'll bet you another grand that I'll be out of your sight on the first lap! :thumbsup:

Settle down Mr. Geritol. :poke:
As stated, on backroads not on some prepped perfect track, part of riding is dealing with road debri.
I sure hope you can do faster lap times on a track that I have never seen. Just as riding new back roads with someone who knows them.
97% of the members here never race on a closed road race course.

Take your Track Smack Talk over to the Team Gixxer Thread
moon:

Put a roadsmart on the back with the Q2 up front. I love that setup. My roadsmart is slicker on the sides than your Q2 and still have a tiny amount of tread left in the center. Best combo for grip and mileage for the street.:thumbsup:

Settle down Mr. Geritol. :poke:
As stated, on backroads not on some prepped perfect track, part of riding is dealing with road debri.
I sure hope you can do faster lap times on a track that I have never seen. Just as riding new back roads with someone who knows them.
97% of the members here never race on a closed road race course.

Take your Track Smack Talk over to the Team Gixxer Thread
moon:

Obviously you are new at performance riding so let me give you a little help on challenging folks on the back roads. The fastest guy on the back roads is rarely the best rider but simply the one willing to take the most chances. Playing that game of chance is just that, and eventually your luck will run out.

Let me give you another little shot of reality, the reason your outdated PPs does such a good job for you is due to the fact that you are incapable of reaching their limits. Apparently good judgment and common sense has eluded you since you have no interest in moving up to the next generation of tires simply for the confidence of knowing they will be more forgiving.

Be careful who you challenge. Don't let your mouth write a check that your arse can't cover which is exactly what happens when your mouth and your ambitions far out weigh your skills.

Put a roadsmart on the back with the Q2 up front. I love that setup. My roadsmart is slicker on the sides than your Q2 and still have a tiny amount of tread left in the center. Best combo for grip and mileage for the street.:thumbsup:

That is the setup I am running now and I love it. I still wear out the center of the rear tire much faster than the sides but I commute 60 miles each day. It would be nice if they could come out with a commute sport tire that is really hard/long wearing in the middle and really soft on the sides. I still get about 7000 per back tire till the wear bars show but there is a flat spot. Getting ready to put on a new one soon.

I have a Roadsmart rear waiting on me, but right now I'm gonna burn thru my supply of track tires with wasted sides first :thumbsup:

Back