Another tire thread: But only between 2 tires!

Tiller

Registered
In case no one has heard or ordered from Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories, Motorcycle Parts and Accessories at JCMotors.com., I received an e-mail from them yesterday about their april tire sale where are 50% off of the dunlop sportmax Q2's only. I go look at what that would run me for the set and $201.98 plus $27 shipping to my door aint to shabby as compared to $306 shipped from motorcycle superstore. But this puts these tires at the same price as a set of pilot power 2ct's which I would be trading my regular pilot powers for next.

So my question is since these tires are the same price now, which of the two tires only do yall like better? I love the twisties so keep that in mind when rating them for me. Thanks guys.

Jay

Does anyone know about how long both tires will last? I was going to go to the 2ct's because my regular pilot powers just dont last long enough but the Q2's sale is so good. I am lucky to get 3k out of a set so I am looking for some better wear too.

I digress .. I'm a huge Pilot Power 2ct fan myself

PP2ct's are pretty good tires for the masses on the streets. However, if you intend to romp them hard, you best have a very good understanding of tire pressure & temp as these tires are extremely sensitive to as little as 1/2 psi.

They crash a lot up here in the NW where we may have a 15-20 degree temperature rise from morning to afternoon. Ignore the air pressure and a little mistake will put you on your head! From my experience the PP line of tires are very unforgiving.

Out of the 2 tires that you have mentioned, I would go with the Q2's. If you are looking to get more wear out of your tires, have you looked at a set of Avon Storm's?

I've run the PP's and the 2CT"s and the Storms beat them both. But then along came the Road 2's and I'm on my 2nd set of those... IMO they are the best on the mkt now.
Nick

Back