Jumped Ship

I'm missing my White Lightening (WL) and I'm going to try to get her back and go the turbo route with her...that's my fantasy anyway...the money would be really tight and so would the space in my garage...but it could be done with a some patience and careful thought. I would have to keep the s1k of course but to have them both would be awesome. Really awesome. I love my Black Night but I miss WL (the looks of an '11 in white/gold is a rare and pretty combo especially with the aluminum highlighting I put in the middle of the frame...its just a great looking bike with the black New Image bolstered seat...I got a lot of compliments on the seat and the overall look of the bike; All Busa's have beautiful sweeping lines); She also gives you a great, soft, comfortable, pillowy, and cozy ride. She gave me such a protected feeling being all held in nice and tight and safe from the the wind and wrapped up cushy and comfortable especially because of the the bolster. When you pin it the acceleration drives you into the soft bolster and you feel really safe and comfortable. Did I mention it feels safe and comfortable? Well it is darn well! :) I got really tight with that bike after I had a minor but frightening 8mph crash and then decided I would sell it or learn how to ride her right and then put 24,000 miles on in 12 months. Please bear with me if you've heard the story many times. Wishing you all a great word of thanks for all the encouragement and good advice this year and very Merry one to you as well!

Not going to be able to have two bikes. Just too much $ and time necessary. So my next master plan is to do a great seat on the Black Night so I can be sure to get the most acceleration out of the bike as possible as well as get the same comfy cozy feeling I got from White Lightening. I made some models out of foam insulation and it changes the ease of accelerating hard by a long shot. Not sure who I'm going to have do the final seat. Maybe R&R Seats near me, or All Day Long...they make gorgeous seats but mostly for cruiser/touring types and not so much sport bikes. New Image did a nice job for me last time so I'm not sure. Happy New Year!

Happy New Years. I'm going to revisit this post since I've always liked the performance of the BMW. My 2012 Busa was totalled by my insurance yesterday when they saw that the Vortex rearset had been sheared from the frame in a mc vs car collision just before Christmas. Most likely going with another Busa but will look into the ZX10 and BMW

You certainly can't go wrong with a Busa. Do you have enough experience with liter bikes to know how different the two are? I didn't so I was in for huge surprise. I was practically glued to my Busa for a year so its really hard for me to be objective about the two types at this point. I've only got three thousand miles on the s1k vs 24,000 on the Busa. I'm also having a little trouble working out the fine points of the shift assist and traction control. They can be great but finicky as well. I need to work some of this out with my dealer who has been terrific with warranty issues. The BMW is an absolutely awesome bike and if there are any specifics I can help you with I'm there.

Happy New Years. I'm going to revisit this post since I've always liked the performance of the BMW. My 2012 Busa was totalled by my insurance yesterday when they saw that the Vortex rearset had been sheared from the frame in a mc vs car collision just before Christmas. Most likely going with another Busa but will look into the ZX10 and BMW

i hope you walked from that wreck relatively unscathed and sorry to hear about it.

i hope you walked from that wreck relatively unscathed and sorry to hear about it.

Unfortunately, ended up breaking my right tibia, fibula, with three breaks in the lower knee joint. Luckily the upper joint and femur are relatively in good shape. Hopefully go in for surgery tomorrow. Could not operate right afterwards as there was too much swelling complicated by outrageous fracture blisters. I was fortunate that my orthopedic surgeon was on call that day (Dec 22). It was such a beautiful and fun ride before Mr. Tourist just had to pull over to take a picture and cut me off. Should be back on the bike in four or five months. Meanwhile, I was offered $11k cash for the bike from the insurance company. The rearset mount looks to be easily welded back onto the frame. All right side plastics are damaged and slight oil leak from the starter clutch cover. If it wasn't for the right rearset hanging off, its completely rideable.

Not going to be able to have two bikes. Just too much $ and time necessary. So my next master plan is to do a great seat on the Black Night so I can be sure to get the most acceleration out of the bike as possible as well as get the same comfy cozy feeling I got from White Lightening. I made some models out of foam insulation and it changes the ease of accelerating hard by a long shot. Not sure who I'm going to have do the final seat. Maybe R&R Seats near me, or All Day Long...they make gorgeous seats but mostly for cruiser/touring types and not so much sport bikes. New Image did a nice job for me last time so I'm not sure. Happy New Year![/

New seat is on the bike! Not completely finish cause it needs some tweaks but most of you will agree, this is an awesome step for any bike because it's where you live on ur sweetheart. I also have a lot more control over her because I'm not pulling on the bars hanging on for dear life. Drag racing is a snap now and road racing is tremendously and more apparently improved after every ride. Lee over at New Image Seats made a real beauty for me to my own specs. I carved a model out of insulation foam. Thanks for reading my continued adventure into a new realm.
PS. Also experimenting with pin striping and, of course, comments always welcome and appreciated.

image.jpg

Back