Jumped Ship

snbusa

Registered
Bought a Beemer S1k but won't be a complete stranger here because its a very entertaining and informative place. Members have helped me out of way more than one tight spot and Frank at Powerhouse is the master of defeating disaster. I wish you all well and I'm sure I will see some of you again on the road. Cheers

Thanks for the kind words.

image.jpg

Congrats, great machines for sure, currently on my 3rd one.

Hi Taylor, I was expecting weakness due to low torque but it pulls pretty good and I'm pretty sure its faster than my awesome Busa. The handling is amazing and all the corners in my favorite tough course are no longer a challenge to get through but places for me to twist the throttle with authority. I'd be interested in your impressions in reference to the S1k compared to the Busa as I see you have the king of the hill now. Thanks,

The BMW vs a Gen 1 Busa isn't a fair comparison and the BMW is much faster and better balanced.
The Gen 2 Busa help bring things closer especially when it gets better tyres and pads but of the 2 ,I still would rather have the Busa.

Busa looses out due to weight and redline limits.

I went with the V4 Aprilia Tuono as my twisty road bike and its crazy fun...all the madness of a streetfighter with the electronics and performance of a race bike.

BMW is still one heck of a bike...enjoy

I choose the stealthy black because I saw one with all the carbon fiber on it and it looks great. Mine doesn't have the carbon on it yet. I think its also less likely to get unwanted attention from law enforcement than the flashy models. I got a surprise when I realized BMW puts a 9,000 rpm rev limiter on the bike for the first 600 miles and a big smile came over my face when I realized its gonna be quite a bit faster. I realized this was after riding around in "rain" mode which slows things down a lot. Rain mode can also save a life and I love the way it keeps wheelies from becoming a big problem...love that! Anyway no one told me about the rev limiter before I left the dealer so I got a horrible feeling when it started to stumble when I goosed it a bit. Also surprisingly the stock pipe sounds and looks pretty good and weighs about 22 lbs. I'm going with the Brocks since I love the growl and it gives good power. Maybe next year I'll take it to Carpenter and let him do his head and cam work which raises it from 184 to 210 rwhp (210 on oxygenated fuel so really about 204). If anyone has suggestions for other speed shops in the North East please let me know so I have a choice. If it was someone who has experience with Beemers that would be great. Frank is always an option as well. Here I go thinking out loud but the S1k has a three year warranty so I'm not sure I want to do anything which will void the warranty. Last but not least is I love the shift assist. Is sounds like the F1 cars when it surges forward, its great to have perfect shifts every time, and it makes dealing with traffic much more pleasant. Cornering is a dream and it makes challenging turns almost child's play. So thats the skinny.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Congratulations, Nic! I'm glad to see you are finally on a bike that suits your style of riding a little better than your Gen 2. Let me know if you want us to tune it for you, we've done several of these and have also "unleashed" the ecus. Don't let the dealer dictate what you can or cannot do - that is beemers "race" bike, and you should be able to spin it up to 14K all you want with whatever pipe you want. Good luck, enjoy, ride safe! :laugh:

Back