Jumped Ship

Is it just me or does every one who posts a pic of them sitting on their beamer look like they are on a pocket bike? :laugh: are those bikes really that tiny in comparison 2 a busa??

Wait until the limiter is off, from 10k on up it hits like a damn rocket, hard to hold on sometimes.

It's a violent power, I've owned pretty much everything out that is suppose to be the fastest and nothing hits like a bmw from 10k on. Brakes are out standing, and handling is super.

Have fun, be safe and enjoy. Hurry up and get 600 miles on,

Is it just me or does every one who posts a pic of them sitting on their beamer look like they are on a pocket bike? :laugh: are those bikes really that tiny in comparison 2 a busa??

I noticed that in this picture too and it feels that way as well; Therein lies the grand illlusion. I'm tempted to think this monster is a toy. To me its a complete monster and I haven't done a thing to it. I can't imagine what its going to feel like when the 9,000 rpm rev limiter comes off, and the pipe goes on, and the ecu gets flashed. Then maybe head and cam work? A complete and utter monster. Its so light, and so smooth that you get very comfortable on it and then the power band hits or you come upon a little rise in the road and the front end gets very light and the front wheel is in the air just a little, or you pull a fourth gear wheelie without even trying, or because its so nimble you undershoot a turn that you were previously overshooting. After all these and more you begin to develop a truck load of respect that the deception of its unimposing stature can cause. More to the point Of your observation is the following. Add to all the previous the fact that I'm a little bigger than average with all my gear on...I wear a ton including the Icon military spec kevlar vest, kevlar jacket, First gear heated underjacket, thermal undershirt and pants...it was a chilly morning....added to my dimensions of 5'11", 212 and there you have it: a full grown man on a little bike.

^ your 5'11"? i guess I'm out on that bike hovering at 6'2" @ 250lbs. that is probably why i like the bus so much because it fits me. nonetheless, great looking machine for sure.:beerchug:

^ your 5'11"? i guess I'm out on that bike hovering at 6'2" @ 250lbs. that is probably why i like the bus so much because it fits me. nonetheless, great looking machine for sure.:beerchug:

Thats what I was saying :laugh: a lot of guys on here that ride busas and are all caught up in the beamer craze need to remind themselves that they aren't exactly of "jockey" stature.... :whistle: there was another guy who posted a pic sitting on 1 and I think we was like 6'3 and around 240. He was raving about how comfortable it was and the power etc. Etc. But he honestly looked like he was sitting on his son's pocket bike or could've been in a parade with the Shriners :rofl:

If snbusa is 5'11 200 then I'm saying to look normal on 1 of thos things you gotta be about 5'7 160-170 range and most on here that ride busas ain't no where near that

I'm 5'7" and about 145lbs and I still wouldn't trade my busa for the BMW. I had a 05 gsxr1000 this summer and that was way too much bike for the streets so I see no point of buying any of the new 1000s. Great looking bike though. I have to say it looks 10x better blacked out than the blue/white.

Yeah don't get me wrong 5'11 - 210lbs isn't a large stature IMO. I'm pretty close to the same measurements but when I see guys on a beamer this is the 1st thing that comes 2 mind......:rofl:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BYB3Fx0a8-4[/video]

Thats what I was saying :laugh: a lot of guys on here that ride busas and are all caught up in the beamer craze need to remind themselves that they aren't exactly of "jockey" stature.... :whistle: there was another guy who posted a pic sitting on 1 and I think we was like 6'3 and around 240. He was raving about how comfortable it was and the power etc. Etc. But he honestly looked like he was sitting on his son's pocket bike or could've been in a parade with the Shriners :rofl:

If snbusa is 5'11 200 then I'm saying to look normal on 1 of thos things you gotta be about 5'7 160-170 range and most on here that ride busas ain't no where near that

I'm 5'7'' about a buck sixty give or take a few pounds... I'd look perfect on that thing. So do yourself a favor - ship it to me - and avoid looking like a silly shriner clown. Honey - Does my butt look big on this bike? Yes Dear - it does!

Don't embarass yourself! I'm do'in you a favor. Really! Just say'in!!!

PS - I'll even pony up the freight. :)

Thanks and chuckle. I got the fender eliminator kit installed today and now its got that head down tail up look Ive always wanted when I'd see it on the the other liter bikes. The unmistakable look of a racing machine. I was tempted to leave it as pictured as BMW does a really good job with theirs but beside the look I wanted to keep my license plate low profile for the traffic cameras and such. I like to be found on the right side of the law.

You gentleman are good. I was going to take each comment to task on its own, which I may do at some point, but for now, I'll just enjoy the fun!

There is a learning curve and I'll try to go into that more deeply as time goes on. Scary, wonderful, and certain upgrades necessary for me.

Awsome, this is my other bike.

20131101_102859.jpg

5 months I have 8 hundred miles so far. I have cox radiator gaurds, akro shorty, rizoma levers and resviors,
1 inch lower footpegs, heli bars, woodcraft and gb

There is a learning curve and I'll try to go into that more deeply as time goes on. Scary, wonderful, and certain upgrades necessary for me.

The most important thing for me right now is the seat. My Busa has an awesome somewhat unique pillowy and well functioning seat. Frank loved it when he sat on it and I got lots of great comments on the org about how good it looked in photos. The best part of it is that it kept me locked into my position and I never had to worry about having the bike shoot out from underneath me under hard acceleration and the 1k pulls much harder. It has a huge snake like texture and is really sticky. Not only did the seat keep me tucked in nice and safe but it has just the right texture to allow me to move around as well. I miss that seat. I talked to Lee at New Image this morning and we're designing something even more unique which will correct an unsafe or at least challenging situation on my new bike. Otherwise I'm going to have to learn how to ride it as it is but even the Superbike riders have specially designed seats for the S1k.

5 months I have 8 hundred miles so far. I have cox radiator gaurds, akro shorty, rizoma levers and resviors,
1 inch lower footpegs, heli bars, woodcraft and gb

Wise choice for the radiator. Do you like the levers? Did you go with a PCV or use the stock ECU? How's the Shorty? Sorry but this isn't close to my number of questions asked in a row :) Are you happy with all your mods?

Wise choice for the radiator. Do you like the levers? Did you go with a PCV or use the stock ECU? How's the Shorty? Sorry but this isn't close to my number of questions asked in a row :) Are you happy with all your mods?
Ill answer all your questions pm me ill give you my #

Back