Jet Li's first bodybuilding show

laugh.gif
Man, I aint all that knowledgable. You have good proportion so you dont need any lifting advice. I'm not sure of your training routine but some golden advice you may already know is, if you do heavy lifting (under 6 reps) make sure you balance with some 10-12 rep. w/o's. Continuous heavy lifting is brutal on tendens. Nutrition advice, I hardly think you need that.
laugh.gif
When your cuttin up if you run, keep heart rate under 60% (thats where you'll be less catabolic). If you can talk while jogging than your ok. But again you probably know that too.
tounge.gif
These are just a couple of the uncommon gems I've learned about.

Good luck.
hello.gif
I used to lift like a power lifter but for the last 1.5 years have been doing sets in the range of 12 to 20 reps with a much more moderate weight. Like on incline bench I used to get 3 sets with 270 for 3 to 5 reps now I only use 240 max for no less than 10 reps. I always ramp up to the highest weight taking 3 to 4 minute rest intervals between sets then on the way down the pyramid it is back to back sets with the only rest being when I spot my partner for his set. LIke to get a couple of forced reps say 5 at least on the last 2 sets of each movement.
This is EXACTLY what I do. It's much better on joints too. I'm in my thirties now and things dont heal like thay use too
laugh.gif
You lucky Dog you.

I will be 41 in August. But I don't feel old yet.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
I know what you mean about gravings. I LOVE food. After my one and only competition which was only a photo thing. I took a little break. I managed to put about 15 pounds of fat on. After the bash I've promised myself to get back at it again. I have a full gym complete with two mirror walls in my basement but my biggest problem is motivation. Without a partner to push me I end up bored and slack on final reps. Sure I have convenience but there is ALOT I'm missing by not going to a gym with spotters and motivators. When you go to the gym you know your there for one reason and there is no distraction from kids, wife, phone calls, and the opportunity to call it quits is as easy as taking the gloves off. I too have quit the power lifting phase. My benching use to be the pyramid. My max was around 395 when my tend. did their thing. Now I've lost alot from that 8 mo. I had to almost quit pushing exercises. I'm just now getting back into it. All I'm good for now is sets of 10-12 of 225#.

You've helped motivate me to get more serious about it again. For that, a BIG thank you
hello.gif

See you at the bash, Tom.
ThumbsUp.gif
Cool, Bro!

I think you should seriously consider getting yourself out to the gym and find a partner.

I wouldn't worry about the poundage you lift because I am sure you know you can make 185 feel heavy if you squeeze the you know what out of it as you contract up.......

Can't wait to see ya at da Bash, we will have to talk some serious shop then.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

hello.gif

Motivation at 50:

23 year old shows up at front door... tells me if I can catch her.....   and we are off and running....   when I finally grow too tired to chase her any farther... some old bag walks up and says " If I can catch you...." and I am off and running again with all new incentive....
laugh.gif
I know exactly what joke your elluding to.
laugh.gif
That is one funny joke right there.

laugh.gif

Motivation at 50:

23 year old shows up at front door... tells me if I can catch her..... and we are off and running.... when I finally grow too tired to chase her any farther... some old bag walks up and says " If I can catch you...." and I am off and running again with all new incentive....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Randy, where do come up this stuff
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

rofl.gif

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
 see ya at the bash.  
biggrin.gif
werd.gif

Only two days till I shove off.!!
woot.gif
me to, isnt it great.  How about some rice krispy treats.  
biggrin.gif
Rice Krispy treat is your friend. Must meet up with friend....
Oh yeah, and a BIG glass of chocolate milk to wash em down. YUMMY!  
drools.gif
laugh.gif
I know what you were thinking about all night.
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
see ya at the bash.
biggrin.gif
werd.gif

Only two days till I shove off.!!
woot.gif
me to, isnt it great. How about some rice krispy treats.
biggrin.gif
Rice Krispy treat is your friend. Must meet up with friend....
Oh yeah, and a BIG glass of chocolate milk to wash em down. YUMMY!
drools.gif
laugh.gif
I know what you were thinking about all night.
tounge.gif
Yeah Buddy!

Eatin a big ole spoon of extra crunchy peanut butter right now!

biggrin.gif

Two words...banana hammock
laugh.gif

Kidding, kidding...you look great! Hope the competition was worth all the hard work. A guy used to work here was a body builder, so watching just how much he put in to not only the work out routines, but the diet ...it was just nuts and took far more effort than I'm willing to put in to anything
laugh.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

Kidding, kidding...you look great! Hope the competition was worth all the hard work. A guy used to work here was a body builder, so watching just how much he put in to not only the work out routines, but the diet ...it was just nuts and took far more effort than I'm willing to put in to anything
laugh.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Thanks Michell.

Yeah, the diet was MUCH harder than the workouts to me. But it was such a rush being on stage and I am hooked now.

See ya at the Bash, please try not to run me over you speed demon you.
race.gif

laugh.gif

bowdown.gif

I gotta a body like that, just hidden under some extra meat.

Don

Seriously, Not sure how you do it. I am in the gym every day but I don't have the level of dedication it takes to get to your level.

Nice work, hope it pays off for you.

Don

" I will eat steal and crap bullets! Arghhhhh
beerchug.gif
Good work bro
bowdown.gif

Don

Seriously, Not sure how you do it. I am in the gym every day but I don't have the level of dedication it takes to get to your level.

Don
Eating right, is the BIGGEST part for me, because I have a turbo charged metabolism.

I thought I was eating enough, until I found out just how much I really need to eat, it is to the point that eating becomes a chore.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
Thanks Michell.

Yeah, the diet was MUCH harder than the workouts to me. But it was such a rush being on stage and I am hooked now.

See ya at the Bash, please try not to run me over you speed demon you.
race.gif
The guy that worked here lived off of canned tuna and chicken, protein shakes and water...I would get so sick of that after just one day, so watching him eat it for weeks on end
pillepalle.gif
Definite level of discipline there that I'll never have
coolold.gif

I'm sensing some blastage from you right now...
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
I can speed, I just choose not too
laugh.gif

See you in a few days...
smile.gif

laugh.gif

bowdown.gif

laugh.gif

Don

Seriously,  Not sure how you do it.  I am in the gym every day but I don't have the level of dedication it takes to get to your level.  

Don
Eating right, is the BIGGEST part for me, because I have a turbo charged metabolism.

I thought I was eating enough, until I found out just how much I really need to eat, it is to the point that eating becomes a chore.
YOU are the lucky dog! Sometimes I think my metabolism goes backwards. After I got my 200 grams of prot. in and the proper carbs. I had NO room for even a little cheat.
banghead.gif
I hope I look half that good at 40.

Don

Seriously,  Not sure how you do it.  I am in the gym every day but I don't have the level of dedication it takes to get to your level.  

Don

When I was trying to put on mass, I HATED having to eat so much. I am 6'2" @ 245lbs with about 14% BF. 1 gram of protein for every every lb of body mass is a lot of damn food.

Don

Back