Jacket when hot?

ranman

busaless but lovin the weather
Donating Member
Registered
hi peeps
it`s finaly getting hot and looking it to summer jackets, i curently wear a avg leather jacket.
what kind does everyone where? and is it comfortable when hot?
thanks ranman

Leather jackets aren't exactly made to be comfortable in hot weather. Most of the time you're going to sacrifice safety for a cooler jacket. Even with vents, when the temp is above 90 or so, you're going to bake. If you're out riding in the heat with a jacket, just remember to drink plenty of fluids to replace what your body will sweat out.

I'll keep wearing my leather for safety reasons and not worry too much about my comfort. I use the same jacket if it's 40 degrees or 100 degrees.

justin thanksgood advise
do you wear leather pants?
going on a coulpe rides soon.

I wear a Joe Rocket Rio mesh armored jacket. It's been into the upper 90's here and I haven't been uncomfortable yet.

I've got a Joe Rocket textile for when it's real hot , but I don't feel as safe with it on .

For days over 100 degrees, I wear my JR Rio. The rest of the time I wear my JR 990 leather. Where I live, every day from May to September is over 100...sometimes over 120. If I wore leather on those days I would likely pass out and crash. I feel much safer in leather, but don't want to die of heat exhaustion/ stroke.

If I wore leather on those days I would likely pass out and crash.  I feel much safer in leather, but don't want to die of heat exhaustion/ stroke.
I hear ya !  Summer time here is usually in the high 90's but with 100% humidity !  The air's so thick n hot , you can't hardly breathe it .    
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Warputer
Reason for Edit: "&quot;cause the Bacardi has hampered my spellin' skills !"|1149795153 -->

I have a Joe Rocket mesh & mesh gloves for running around town. If I am hitting the twisties full one piece suit / leather gloves etc. I wear a hydro-vest form Moto-Liberty - it acts like a swamp cooler, as wind passes over it, it cools your body. It will be 100 on Sunday, but I will still get in about 200 miles.
Also ride early in the day or later to avoid peak temperatures.

Just bought a Joe Rocket Reactor 2, they (New Enough) took a while getting it but it is pretty cool - literally and figuratively.
Leather on the elbows and other likely to get scuffed surfaces while the rest is a breathable mesh.
Kinda pricey, $160ish but a darn good hot weather jacket!

I JUST ordered a Joe Rocket Rasp...

It's panels unzip for mesh

I'm going to try it during summer and even if its too hot looks like a mid to fairly cold jacket.

So far I've found two jackets I like the Rasp and the ICON Motorhead (white). The icon is very heavy and winter only for me anyway...

I have a Teknic Supervent. LOVE IT!!! CE all around.

720-3237.gif

<!--EDIT|ZbornacSVT
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149813528 -->

Back