hot weather  gear

rocktober

Registered
what is the coolest air flowing jacket for the summer that offers the proper protection, i like the fit of joe rocket jackets, i have the profarated leather jacket now, but is is still to hot

if you like joe rocket get the reactor jacket. its mesh with perforated leather sleeves and shoulders. i have the icon holligan which is also mesh that i like

Joe Rocket Rio here- it's the same as wearing just the t-shirt you have on underneath when moving, no lie. Some will say "mesh won't help in a crash" but BS, they have good padding and impact protection and mesh does MUCH better than not wearing a jacket because it's TOO HOT!!
firedevil.gif

Here is another member's Rio after a slide, did a fine job-

Skin intact+jacket ruined= successful crash!!

smile.gif

Rashed_Rio.jpg

I have a very nice First Gear jacket that's mesh and leather combined. Foam pads in shoulder, back and elbows. Very comfortable and very breezy.

Tour Master intake jacket.cooler with it on while moving in 90 degree+.Than it is just standing in 90+ with a tee shirt.Mess with elbow and shoulder protection and padding on the back.

I wear a joe rocket champions GSXR jacket. and it'd not too hot with the liner out of it and the vents open, but pretty warm with the liner in and all zipped up. It's the best all around jacket i've found. Perfect for those long rides that go in to the night.

i wear my Joe Rocket leather,I dont care how hot it is out,nothing will protect you like leather.its good to sweat
beerchug.gif

Down here with our obscene humidity and heat we run an average of 125+ on the heat index so mesh jackets are the norm.

I use a Fieldsheer mesh jacket so I have a little protection.

I am also thinking about getting one of those Silver Eagle cooling vests.

http://www.silvereagleoutfitters.com/

I picked up a Cortech Breeze mesh jacket cheap at newenough.com Decent air flow through it and added a waterproof liner that makes it good in the cold also

Just bought this, GREAT air conditioning-holds about a gallon of water, I mean this thing weighs POUNDS when soaked compared to NOTHING when dry!
IceBergVest.jpg

I was wearing my JR Alter Ego this past weekend stripped down to the mesh Rock. Three suits in one. Rain, Cold, and Hot
SHOCKED.gif

(Shibumi @ Jul. 16 2007,17:15) Joe Rocket Rio here- it's the same as wearing just the t-shirt you have on underneath when moving, no lie. Some will say "mesh won't help in a crash" but BS, they have good padding and impact protection and mesh does MUCH better than not wearing a jacket because it's TOO HOT!!  
firedevil.gif

Here is another member's Rio after a slide, did a fine job-

Skin intact+jacket ruined= successful crash!!

smile.gif
+1

Do all those companies pay you to advetise for them? It took about an hour to remove all the JR patches on my Phoenix jacket...
tounge.gif

(CBXRider @ Jul. 17 2007,18:46) Do all those companies pay you to advetise for them?  It took about an hour to remove all the JR patches on my Phoenix jacket...
tounge.gif
not a penny, but I like the look.
cool.gif

(DEVLDOG @ Jul. 17 2007,09:11) i wear my Joe Rocket leather,I dont care how hot it is out,nothing will protect you like leather.its good to sweat
beerchug.gif
+100

I lose around ten pounds after every ride on a 90degree day.

Back