Hot weather  protection

I have the phoenix jacket and it is great! Like everyone else said, it is not as protective as leather but at least it is something other than a t shirt.

Hi all....new member here, new Busa owner as well.  

Another suggestion for a hot weather jacket is the FirstGear Leather meshtex jacket.    The majority of the jacket is mesh like the Joe Rockets, but the armor parts (shoulders, elbows, back) also include perforated leather.    Looks like it'll add a bit more protection than mesh alone.   I haven't had a chance for a long ride with it yet, but we'll soon find out how well it works in the Vegas heat as we're already in the 100's.  

ToddG

I have a Vanson Hurricane leather jacket that is fully perforated (Thanks Doc
biggrin.gif
) and it feels almost as good as a t-shirt. If it is under 65 it can be even a little chilly
smile.gif

I have a Vanson Hurricane leather jacket that is fully perforated (Thanks Doc
biggrin.gif
) and it feels almost as good as a t-shirt.  If it is under 65 it can be even a little chilly
smile.gif
I guess maybe thats the point I was trying to make. Get a decent full perf leather and wear it back to back with the any of the Mesh Jackets. I think you will find that the perf leather flows just about as much air. One thing I noticed, is that if your Phoenix jacket fits tight in the arms or anywhere else and the lining gets twisted at all, the holes no longer line up and the airflow stops. Then your just a geek wrapped in plastic.

Do I sound a little hostile towards the Phoenix? Well I am in a way. They sell like crazy down here, I see them everywhere, but I have yet to see any real proof that they will be worth a sh*t. I hear grandiose stories "oh yeah I laid it down at 130 and broke a nail" but I have heard the other side as well "I laid it down at 40 and the thing shredded."

Leather works, Full Perf breaths very well, Mesh jackets...No proof, No evidence, nothing...

Still better than a t-shirt...

Back