Hot weather riding gear ?

When it is hot like that, I just get into the car or stay home.:laugh:
Since installing my HID's, I feel more comfortable riding late evening towards night time.

Me too. In fact, I don't see hardly anyone in my area riding with gear in the summer unless they're traveling. Just went to get a haircut yesterday with Tshirt and shirts. No flip flops though :whistle:

I see a lot of guys in my area doing this also. The other day I saw a guy riding with shorts and no shirt on.:banghead:
All I can tell you for sure is if you go down with t-shirt and shorts on, you will be getting a skin graph done and they are pretty pricey.:whistle:
:please: wear more gear when you ride. even if it is just a short trip. I was canned in my neighborhood around the corner from my house. Helmet, jacket, and jeans on. I hate to think of the outcome if i had on just the jeans and t-shirt. With my gear on, I had a sore shoulder for like six months and I did scrape my knee after tumbling in the street.:banghead:

Thanks gang, I admit have done beach cruises dressed just like this ... and No lid ... (pic ) But I dont anymore.

This isnt a " gear or no gear thread, " I want to know what gear you recommend for the heat...

Thanks

Pict0030.JPG

I have a tektile jacket with 4 vents in it. 2 shoulder and 2 side. I have seen them with up to 8 vents. And of course all the armor.

When it gets that warm, I just strip down and take the boat out~!~ :laugh:

No need to fight the weather, just join it~!!~ :thumbsup:

Best protection is perfed leather VAnson Pro erf. Best light weight is Joe Rocket perf mesh. The Mesh will give the same protection BUT ONLY ONCE.

I love my Teknic jacket, I wear a thin T-Shirt under it and it feels like I have no shirt on at all. You can find them on E-bay for aroun 120.00

Teknic.jpg

I have this on order Fieldsheer Iceberg Vest

Basically you soak it in water for an hour and put it on under your jacket. The water evaporation keeps you cool.

It has mixed reviews, but for $20, I'd give it a try. Review in a week or two.

08FieldsheerIceBergVestsMD.gif

perforated leather, my brother. we saw what happened to Mrs. Revlis when she went down in the JR phoenix jacket.

I wear a mesh Jacket and underneath is a cooling vest from CycleGear. The cooling vest is about $30, it works like an evap cooler. Soak the vest in water, put it on under a mesh jacket and it helps keep you cool, hell it works. Buddy and I left Bakersfield, Ca and headed to the coast 100 miles away. When we left it was about 75*f. On the way home comingt up 166 it hit 100*f plus. Our cooling vests were in our tankbags inside of ziplock bags wet with water from the night before. Rode home in the heat, cooler than when we had to stop and put the cooling vests on.

I hope I typed that right.

Thinking about going this route for Hot weather gear. Trying to find a happy medium between being as protected as possible, and as breathable as possible.

Anyone else use motocross gear when it's crazy hot out? Seems like it would be super breathable with armor in all the right places? Too lacking in abrasion protection?

The current high temp, high humidity, heat advisory days in full leathers is killin me.

Total: 452.87
398e34da.jpg

Back