Hot weather leathers

daiddu

Registered
I started a thread a while back about trying out jackets. I'm still in the market for a good hot weather leather type jacket.

I was hoping that some of you riders from the deep south could share which jackets work well and which are not worth having.

I'd like something with really good protection, comfort and won't make me schwetty all over in panama city
smile.gif
Thanks,

dd

I took my old leather that was getting a little tight & cut the lining out of it leaving the padding in the elbow & shoulder area. I then took a 2X4 & slild it up the sleeves & using a gasket punch set I put a dozen holes in the front of the sleeves just above the elbows & about the same at the rear of the sleeve around the arm pit area. I left the 2 pockets on the lower sides but cut the pockets out of the slash cuts on the front, they are now vents. It still needs some holes in the back to let more air out. I'll punch out some holes across the back that spell out a message when I wear a white t shirt or if I don't want to display the message I'll wear a black t shirt.

Still haven't decided on the message. I'm thinking something like AMF, but in a nice way :~)

Any suggestions?

iam in ny but when its hot i have a joe rocket perforated leather jacket. i think its pretty cool but probably every leather jacket will make u sweat alittle

I got this jacket while up in Robbinsville near Deal's Gap. It has zipper vents on the sleeves, chest and in the back. It also has a zip out liner with a velcro collar that comes all the way to the chin. It is great when it is cold, take the liner out unzip the vents and it's great when it's warm. I wore it yesterday, the temp was high 90's and as long as I'm moving I'm fine. When I stop it's hot, but better to be hot than to be caught in the rain without it. (or on the ground)

I'm sure it's not going to help too much in a high speed crash but it is better than nothing and does help when it rains or at night when the bugs are out.
smile.gif

DCP01875cropped.jpg

When I am in South Flordia I use my Joe Rocket Mesh. It is as strong as leather and like riding with a T-shirt and shorts. Great air flow..

I gave up on leather in the heat and humidity.
I use a DRIRIDER mesh jacket, its got zip out rain liner, some armour, solidly made and very well vented.  
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Ross

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093225800 -->

I gave up on leather in the heat and humidity.
I use a DRIRIDER mesh jacket, its got zip out rain liner, some armour, solidly made and very well vented.  
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Ross
I think I'd like to get a mesh jacket with armour in all the right places. If I can find one that is all black. I need to start wearing the right gear. It seems when I go ride these days I'm pushing it a little more than I used to. I need to go back to the "How fast have you taken your busa" and update it.
wink.gif

I was trying to avoid black, because of the solar gain...
smile.gif
I was reading somewhere about the slide protection of leather vs. other materials and it just seems like a good idea to go with leather. Not too sure about drilling holes in it though
tounge.gif
I'll take a look at some of the jackets mentioned in this thread. Thanks again...

dd

Back