I've become a bling ho.

I was just checking those out. I think they were like $130.00 ? Reading the "No mirrors" thread had me thinking I need to get some, and I liked them the best so far.

Just bought a pair of those mirrors for my bike. The pair that I have are designed correctly, meaning right and left; not 2 identical mirrors. I'll post pics of them installed on the bike soon.

BMW5

gotta have thick skin around this place!

Doyle...no you don't...

I'm about finished with the Stampede Action Sequence video...probably upload it tomorrow...

If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then the video speaks volumes!!! :beerchug:

On-topic:

Those new mirrors are reminiscent of the very angular Ducati ones. I hope they well for you...When I rode Jim's 1098, it was easy to verify his complaint about the Duc's useless mirrors. Look forward to your road-report!

:beerchug:

nice looking mirrors, I have a set from them to i want to sell for $50 brand new for 08 busa if anyone wants them let me know 626-502-3969 these mirror i bought from roaring toys but i found some that match my bike better

019.jpg

002.jpg

I was like you with custom mods.....than reality sat in after a accident that was not my fault. 90% of mods you get will not get $ for $ value from the insurance company. I am on my 3rd Busa (today I buy it...) in 4 years. Each of the other 2 busas I spent alot of money on the bike....only getting pissed later by the insurance adjuster. This bike....I am only putting on the few things that I "need" to have and forgetting the rest. It sucks to spend all the money and than some jacka$$ hits you and you lose all the money on them.

:poke:

I was like you with custom mods.....than reality sat in after a accident that was not my fault. 90% of mods you get will not get $ for $ value from the insurance company. I am on my 3rd Busa (today I buy it...) in 4 years. Each of the other 2 busas I spent alot of money on the bike....only getting pissed later by the insurance adjuster. This bike....I am only putting on the few things that I "need" to have and forgetting the rest. It sucks to spend all the money and than some jacka$$ hits you and you lose all the money on them.

:poke:

My experience with insurance companies is....if you do your homework, photos, receipts and e mail list of ALL extras, you are covered. I even rode to my adjuster, had him come out and eyeball my scooter. I said, "If I total this bike, you owe me $7200 in extras AND book value, right?" He agreed. I know they can fight you but to say I won't put much aftermarket on my bike because it isn't covered is missing the levels of performance, safety, looks and pleasure ONLY available in the "aftermarket" arena. I'd rather be a librarian than be sentenced to riding only OEM motorcycles! Raydog

If your happy with then that is all that really matters :thumbsup:

I personally think they would look better without the extenders. I have seen
some mirrors of this type and thought they looked good...it's hard to tell in
the pics, maybe in person they look better. Have you been on a ride with
them yet...how's the field of view? any vibration?

If your happy with then that is all that really matters :thumbsup:

I personally think they would look better without the extenders. I have seen
some mirrors of this type and thought they looked good...it's hard to tell in
the pics, maybe in person they look better. Have you been on a ride with
them yet...how's the field of view? any vibration?

Well, I look at the extenders as.....function (increased field of view) far more important than what I would loose without them. Kind of like my triple tree risers....not really pretty or cool looking, but their 3/4" rise make me feel way better after 6-7 hours in the saddle than without them. I can't report on the high speed effectiveness/highway use of the mirrors yet, they are not as big as stockers, I know that.
Everything on my bike is "function over form"....these mirrors are the farthest I've pushed the "how does it look" envelope so far, so I will be objective about their function in my future posts.
I can promise that I will never glue rhinestones on the support arms nor line the Busa's swingarm with faux handgrenades. Raydog

Raydog...waz up dog? Can you answer the question several members have asked about the mirrors and the vibration? The mirrors look really good on your bike...just the right amount of edginess...but everyone wants to know if the mirrors are still functional at highway speed...can you let us know what you've experienced...if they don't vibrate and look that good...will be buying...2hip

Raydog...waz up dog? Can you answer the question several members have asked about the mirrors and the vibration? The mirrors look really good on your bike...just the right amount of edginess...but everyone wants to know if the mirrors are still functional at highway speed...can you let us know what you've experienced...if they don't vibrate and look that good...will be buying...2hip

Gladly, it's just that I got em on last evening, cruized the neighborhood(in a windstorm) then put the Busa away and got into prepping my KLR for my 4 days in the backcountry starting Friday morning. What I'm sayen is as soon as I get back from the offroad adventure, I'll do the twisties and highspeed testing (visibility/vibration, etc.). If I get a chance, I'll do a 20 min. blast tomorrow and throw up a post! Doyle

Back