Mirrors Current Sate of the Art

sabredog

Registered
Hi all,
new to group.

I want to replace my mirrors. since I dropped the bike

I have read most of the threads. Most are experiments in trying out some mirrors and seeing where they fail satisfy.

I hoping to get some peoples experimental summaries before I experiment.

I think I can get it all, there does seem to be huge variety of mirrors available in 2008. performance and looks

My requirements are:

1. extend out for improved vision field. (stock is bad)
2. aerodynamic look similar to stock.
3. same size or larger of mirrored surface (not smaller)
4. chrome adds some bling, maybe body color is OK too. (I dont like the carbon fiber look)

Other things that may be importatnt like vibration reduction, quality of manufacture. fit and finish on the fairing. that is where aerodynamics come in less vibration.

I could buy 3 sets of mirrors and try them all but you guys probably already did that.

Thanks 2001 blue and silver

Bike B.jpg

Be sure to check out the Rizoma mirrors. They are not cheap, but you get your money's worth. All of the features you want are there. :thumbsup:

Look at a set of Gixxer 1000 mirrors. I've been thinking about a set for some time.

+1 on the GSXR mirrors. There are a lot of super trick mirrors out there but none of them meet all of Sabredog's criteria. Either Mirror extenders for the stock mirrors or GSXR mirrors would be the closest to your requirements. Not going to be very pleasant to look at but there are trade offs to everything. In addition to the Rizoma's already mentioned might look at Magical racing they have a bunch of mirrors for those deep in the pockets.

Look at a set of Gixxer 1000 mirrors. I've been thinking about a set for some time.

Sounds like the mirror spacers that are available might do what you want, after you paint your stock ones to match the body. I have them on my busa and now I can see behind me instead of just seeing my shoulders in the mirrors.:thumbsup:

Re: Mirrors Current State of the Art

The Rizomas look like strong contender,

these really caught my eye "jag motorcycle" is seller on ebay.

Im worried about the quality a bit, but they are so cheap ,
it's a what the heck try try the experiment set.

49 bucks per pair.

If the chrome peels off in a year buy another set???

they look like they are longer but cant tell fore sure. I may ask the seller to measure.

I sure like the look on the blue and silver.

abs chrome on bike.jpg

Those look like Chrome GSXR mirrors. But they will not get you any further outboard than the stockers.

49 bucks per pair.

they look like they are longer but cant tell fore sure. I may ask the seller to measure.

49 bucks per pair.

I would advise caution using jagmotorcycle. I have had very bad dealings with this guy. I think I posted the emails from him. Dont remember for sure. Bottom line is I had to file a complaint with ebay to get my money back.. fyi

Mirrors , schmirrors ! I just turn my head ! Of course I have to with these !!

000_1892.jpg

I put a pair of EMGO Gixxer 1k mirrors on my busa. They look good, stick out further so i can see behind me and not just my elbows, and the image is pretty clear.

Am I understanding the GSXR 1000 mirrors are NOT extended out further than stock,

I think I have heard both ways now.

I went to the RIZOMA site didnt see hayabusa mirrors,

Mr Bogus, can you give details of part number you chose, they seem to fit well,
and are they truly extended? looks like some color options as well.

I am looking for improved mirror function first, followd by looks. Im tired of taking that extra second to look around my elbows in the mirror, it takes your eyes off the road up front . you need to quick clear at 90+++++

I have had bikes with good mirrors and it feels so much safer, and confident, more comfortable riding fun.
great feedback and ideas.

I used these. Billet, in chrome or black off of ebay for 100 or so. I had to switch the morrors on the mounts cause i couldnt see anything. Theyre mounted upside down. I only had to unscrew them and change them round to do it but i can see whats behind me now... Barely.
It has never been so bad that i feel i have to take them off though and they look trick.

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

Back