it's TIRE TIME!!

BUSAFETT

Registered
Well, the time has come for a new rubber (well, 2).

I'm hearing the way to go is the Pilot Power 2CTs, and I'm going to have the local place (Powersports East) do the job. My questions are as follows:

1. is there still any more concern about the ones that were defective? is that issue still floating around?

2. do I have them swap out the current stock tires with the same size for the replacements? I don't want to put bigger tires on anywhere if I'm going to have rubbing, have to make shock, swingarm or rim adjustments, etc. I believe in the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid)

Thanks,

BF

The defective tires were a limited run of fronts only as I recall, not an issue any longer..

I would use the same size as stock unless you go with the 55 profile in the rear instead of the 50 (percent of sidewall to tread) The 55 is supposed to turn in better (I do not ride well enough to vouch for that)

Pilot Powers are the way to go. The defective tires were only the ones manufactured in the French plant(issue w/ the tread). Problem has been fixed, although if you have any concerns make sure you get the tires for the Spanish plant. It is recommended that you stay with the same size unless you are doing modifications to the stock set-up. I have about 2000 miles on mine and love the performance and wear.

I like my Corsa 3's    $243 delivered...
10-4 Good Buddy! I have the Corsa III's on my GSXR1000 and they ROCK, track or street!

IMHO, the Corsa III's are leaps and bounds ahead of the 2ct's. Personal preference I suppose, but while the 2 ct has just under an inch of race rubber on the outside edge of the rear tire, the Pirelli has a full 1/3 of the tire's tread width (2 1/2 inches) either side. Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out!

PP2CT...love em,I went with 55 profile and she loves to lean over,your gonna wish you had them sooner once you take that first ride with em..I went from shinkos to the PP2cts and it was nite and day.

so.... you gonna post pics of the rear roast before the new ones go on
firedevil.gif

Took my first ride with Continental Road Attacks yesterday. I was impressed with the degree of confidence they inspired, felt very stable following a couple of guys on 600's on the Dragon. Seemed like a good deal at $235 per set. I first started hearing good things about the Contis in a review on Canyonchasers.net, you might want to try a set. I prefer them (so far anyway) to regular Pilot Powers, anyone else have an opinion on the Continentals?

How do the 2CT's compare to the Qualifiers in grip? Anyone ever run both??

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Mr Bogus @ Mar. 14 2008 said:
1335872[/ATTACH] AM]
I like my Corsa 3's    $243 delivered...
10-4 Good Buddy! I have the Corsa III's on my GSXR1000 and they ROCK, track or street!

IMHO, the Corsa III's are leaps and bounds ahead of the 2ct's. Personal preference I suppose, but while the 2 ct has just under an inch of race rubber on the outside edge of the rear tire, the Pirelli has a full 1/3 of the tire's tread width (2 1/2 inches) either side. Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out!
I would take the Corsa 3 any day of the 2ct. I've had both and I like the Corsa 3's a lot more.

zzwhip.gif

Since the Avon azaro's are dead, i was trying to decide between the pilot powers or the Avon Viper tires. Anyone ever own both sets and can offer comparison?

Hey Fett, your coming off the stock Battle Axe's, right ? It's going to be a HUGE change !!! I have the Qualifiers, and love'em. SOOOO much more confidence, in turns. (even though I still got some strips for sale, LOL) I'm going to try the Corsa III's, or the 2 ct's next.

Hopefully we can start riding again here pretty soon ?

Pilot Powers are good. Soft, though and they don't last long with normal everyday driving. Sticky and warm up fast.

2CT take a lot longer to warm up. But the rubber in the center will last a bit longer.

If you want a very sticky tire, the BT002 R/S is wonderful. Warms up even faster than a Pilot Power. Won't last you long on the streets, undoubtedly as it's really more of a race tire without being a race tire, if that makes any sense!

The Qualifier is my tire of preference. Warms up fairly quickly, wears fairly well. Just a good balance between the right amount of sticky and the right amount of staying power.

Just my limited opinion, of course. There are more tires out there I'd like to try for various reasons.

Cheers!

--Wag--

Hey Fett, your coming off the stock Battle Axe's, right ? It's going to be a HUGE change !!! I have the Qualifiers, and love'em. SOOOO much more confidence, in turns. (even though I still got some strips for sale, LOL) I'm going to try the Corsa III's, or the 2 ct's next.

Hopefully we can start riding again here pretty soon ?
Yep, the bike had 1242 miles on it when I scored it, so the rubber was right from the dealer. After scouring the East Coast with you maniacs last year, I am now near 5K miles and it's time for new treads.

Hopefully we'll start again soon!

BF

How do the 2CT's compare to the Qualifiers in grip?  Anyone ever run both??
I have no first hand experience with the 2ct's but I have had the PP's. If you give the qualifiers a shot, I doubt you'll go back to the michelins?

Attend one of Jason Pridmore's Race Schools and watch jason and his instructors, all on Qualifiers and you'll come away with a good understanding of just how well the qualifier's perform.

Tires came yesterday! Now I just need half decent weather to get to the shop for the swap. I called yesterday and they are first come first serve.. Sat it's supposed to rain and Sunday is Easter... ARGH!!

But at least I have my tires
biggrin.gif

Back