Needing New Tires

One Fast Busa

Registered
I need some help. Last thing i want to do is another tire thread but,I have been running Michelin 2cts for sometime now I love the tire. But i want something with a little more mileage and about the same grip. I have been looking at Michelin road 2 and 3. Not sure what to get. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the PR2's on my Hayabusa right now. I love them... but I don't race and I don't wear knee pucks. They are great for what I do, which is Hyper-Sport-Touring. I have 5000 miles on this set and expect them to last another 5000 at least. The PR3's have more rain grooves, and I expect that I would like them just as much. I bought 2's because they are cheaper than 3's and I've had great wet weather results with the 2's.

PR2's or 3's will both be a great tire that gets you good mileage as well as good grip as long as you aren't trying to ride like Casey Stoner

My Avon Storms sound about the same, great grip, 5 to 6 K on the rear 8 to 9 K out front. Cheaper than the Michelins

A majority of TIRE threads almost always ask for a compromise between MILEAGE with a bit of PERFORMANCE. Based on rider eports here, the following choices should meet your needs: Avon Storm, Pilot Road 2/3, Pirelli Angels.

PR2's or 3's will both be a great tire that gets you good mileage as well as good grip as long as you aren't trying to ride like Casey Stoner

No dont ride like that. I do some of the twistys around Tenn and NC(Dragon and Skyway) , But i have a lot slabbing to get there. I was leaning toward the pilot 2/3s. Im not much of a fan of Pirelli or Avon but if the price is right who knows. Thanks for the info guys.

A majority of TIRE threads almost always ask for a compromise between MILEAGE with a bit of PERFORMANCE. Based on rider eports here, the following choices should meet your needs: Avon Storm, Pilot Road 2/3, Pirelli Angels.

All of these are great choices.... Rode with a guy yesterday through the dragon riding on 07 FZ1 with the Pirelli Angels.... He really liked them

My Avon Storms sound about the same, great grip, 5 to 6 K on the rear 8 to 9 K out front. Cheaper than the Michelins

I kept some careful notes on tire cost and mileage and was interested to find that the Michelins are actually cheaper when you calculate cost per mile. I didn't compare to the Avons, but did compare to Dunlop Roadsmarts and some Bridgestones.

Yes, the Michelins are more expensive up front, but cheaper in the long run.

stick with the michelins 2cts i love those tires i havent road on anything that held the road and last as long. i had a friend bust his oil pan on a zx10 dnt know it was busted and kept going threw some twisty curves at high speed and the michelin pilot 2ct still stuck like glue after his tire was soaked with oil

I kept some careful notes on tire cost and mileage and was interested to find that the Michelins are actually cheaper when you calculate cost per mile. I didn't compare to the Avons, but did compare to Dunlop Roadsmarts and some Bridgestones.

Yes, the Michelins are more expensive up front, but cheaper in the long run.
I ran Michelins exclusively on my Gen I, probably close to 30K on them. Switched to the Avons when I wore the factory Bridgestones out on the Gen II. Never had a grip issue, was saving about $40 a set and getting the same or a little better mileage. I was running the 2CTs, which the rear can get a little slick when the tire gets worn unless that has changed in the past 4 or 5 years.

Just ordered a rear tire today. Dunlop Roadsmart 2. 190-55-17 $170 shipped. :banghead:

I haven't priced tires in months, but I will go to Michelins if they're cheaper when i go to buy. Last time I bought a set it was around $280.00 This economy is kicking our butts brother. Oh , the Michelins were $330 at that time.

Just ordered a rear tire today. Dunlop Roadsmart 2. 190-55-17 $170 shipped. :banghead:

Getting a Roadsmart 2 put on today. I liked the original Roadsmart and got about 9000 miles out of it. Strangely, the wear bars started showing on half (circumferentially) of the tire and the other half has a bit to go before they show. Maybe it was molded off a bit but it performed wonderfully. Read some great reviews on the Roadsmart 2 so I'm going with it.

These hook pretty good, just keep the:laugh: knees up

holysmoke 4 015.jpg

holysmoke 4 014.jpg

Back