It's the little things

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
I was sitting here reading some posts, & got to thinking. Im sipping some good warm coffee, having a cig, watching the dog play, sitting by the fireplace, and listening to some talk radio, waiting for a winter blizzard to blow-in...And I had this thought - its the little things that mean so much in life.

I'm just wondering what are the little everyday things that make you smile?

Gotta say it's my kids... When they are being good. It's too easy to forget the things that truly bless us and dwell on the bad..  
smile.gif

Gotta say our little girl. She is growing up so stinkin' fast tho...time just flies!!

I would have to agree it is my wife and daughter, opps cant forget the yellow Lab.
Sometimes if you sit back and just look at them it brings a smile to watch the funny things they do or say and just their looks.

some of the things I also love about my wife is, well I wont go there. hehe

well being away from home for almost 6 months now....There so many things people take for granted. here is a short list I came up with.  they are in no particular order.

1.  Decent hot shower
2.  Decent food
3.  Just to be able to come home give your wife/GF a hug and kiss
4.  Seeing your friends and family
5.  Driving my truck/busa
6.  shopping at Walmart
7.  Drinking a beer or whatever when you feel like
8.  Relaxing

Thats about it for now.  Reading this should make you smile and realize how many things we as Americans have nice. Hell I smile just thinking about being on a plane home.

<!--EDIT|jmaz268
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140133328 -->

well the things that top my list are
biggrin.gif

sharing time with my daughter and girlfriend
beautiful sunset
autumn love those colors
and a good campfire
and a mighty fine ride on the scoot
and staring into the midnight sky

Hangin' with the wiff, to be sure. Just goin' to a movie with her or poppin' in a DVD on occasion. It doesn't cost a lot to be truly happy. As long as you have enough and you have the ones you love near you.

--Wag--

Family and good friends....and being able to do what I want to do when I want to do it
wink.gif

remembering [and reminding myself constantly] that living, friends, famliy, and giving love is ALWAYS way more important than work. to me that is a little thing, but it feels great and has HUGE payoffs in contentment

i notice peoples body language and facial expressions.. no.. not like the one in your avatar Valium
smile.gif

the little things such as getting to work, waiting in line for the big things.. waiting in line for what.. going to work for what.. etc. work. etc. those are the big things.. the little things.. for example i was at post office the other day. an old man taking his time at teller... i notice the peoples expression.. losing patience.. etc. i wish we could all have more respect and patience. (myself def. included)... or what about road rage? that is the little thing to get to the big think work... not sure if this make sense?

sometimes we think we are really doing well and thats because our family over looks our faults..
smile.gif
that is also very good..
smile.gif

hope this helps
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

My kids make my day...
cool.gif
Just watching 'em grow up and seeing their eyes light up whenever they experience something new and fun...
smile.gif

I would have to say my Family and Friends.

But I would also have to include My Freedom.

I can choose to Say or Do what I want, when I want, with whom I want, where I want all within reason.

I don’t know what life would be like without it and I personally don’t care to find out.

Seeing my wife when I wake up and go to bed. watching my dog chasing squirells... looking and riding my bike... All the small things are what keep us going.

it's the 75 deg weather outside, full set of leathers and just waiting to get off work @ 11:00 to blast off. Small & seemingly insignifcant in the Big picture of life but none the less an immense enjoyment!

The wag of my dogs' tail and that perky little look they get on their faces. (Did somebody say "treat"?)

The smell of orange tree blossoms.

When it's stuffy in the house and you open the door and get a nice, crisp (no humidity) 75 degree breeze that blows in and it smells like sun, and blooming flowers and green grass.

Walking through a store and a little kid in a cart catches your eye and smiles. And when his momma pushes the cart around the corner, he leans over as far as his little body will allow so that he can KEEP smiling at you.

Waking up in a warm bed, next to your SO, and having NOTHING to do but lay there and think how lucky you are.

A good song on the radio that you haven't heard in a while and it makes you sing out loud.

well being away from home for almost 6 months now....There so many things people take for granted. here is a short list I came up with.  they are in no particular order.

1.  Decent hot shower
2.  Decent food
3.  Just to be able to come home give your wife/GF a hug and kiss
4.  Seeing your friends and family
5.  Driving my truck/busa
6.  shopping at Walmart
7.  Drinking a beer or whatever when you feel like
8.  Relaxing

Thats about it for now.  Reading this should make you smile and realize how many things we as Americans have nice.  Hell I smile just thinking about being on a plane home.
After 6 years of sea duty on submarines, I can fully relate to these.

Hang in there, be safe, and come home soon
cool.gif

remembering [and reminding myself constantly] that living, friends, famliy, and giving love is ALWAYS way more important than work.  to me that is a little thing, but it feels great and has HUGE payoffs in contentment
SO well said. It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day stuff, and forget what is really important.

Back