It's official...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Went to my 15th or 16th Dave Matthews Band concert this past Saturday in Manassas...always an amazing experience even if you're not a fan. NO group of guys that jam like they do
cool.gif

While we weren't the oldest couple there (yes, I went around and performed a license check), I'd say we've finally grown tired of being pushed and shoved around, being burned by drunken girls' cigarette butts, having some 'yo scream for his buddy in his cell phone right behind you as you're listening to that one song you just love to hear live..."REX!!! I'm drunk and can't find you! *burp*" I've been so messed up at a Buffett show that I barely knew my name, but I ALWAYS could find my peeps in a sea of 35,000 screaming fans
laugh.gif
Lightweights nowadays
wink.gif

We did get quite a laugh from the gang of college kids trying to locate their dropped doobie by the light of their cell phones though
laugh.gif
Ahhh, to be young and high again *cough* I mean, yeahhhhhh...

We left early...too much conversation all around us and not nearly enough fans. I guess it's some status symbol to say you went to a show; I'd rather be surrounded by true fans like those down in front where I wanted to be...I'm writing Dave and requesting a list of just what I have to do to get THOSE seats...whatever it takes man, I'm a true fan
smileyexhibit.gif

Next year perhaps...shamelessly stolen pics from a lucky sap that had great seats...

DMBand3.jpg

laugh.gif

Last one because I know most are bored...

I just love Dave...honestly, I do...
bowdown.gif

DMBand2.jpg

You know... Dave only has to drive like, an hour and a half to get to his home... He lives 30 minutes from me. I could hook you up... Well, if I actually knew him.
all_coholic.gif

I hear you - we only go to small places anymore. The big shows with the SP's are just too annoying. Never got into the band but your boy Dave was great in that Winn Dixie movie!

(yamahor @ Aug. 14 2007,10:28) You know... Dave only has to drive like, an hour and a half to get to his home... He lives 30 minutes from me. I could hook you up... Well, if I actually knew him.
all_coholic.gif
My sister used to run The Wall music store in C-Ville and she got me great tickets...she also used to go have coffee with Boyd (the violinist) at Starbucks just across the street from the store...she's had some good stories about the band over these many years, but alas her butt moved to CO and now she can't help me either LOL

(LCB @ Aug. 14 2007,10:flamethrowing:) I hear you - we only go to small places anymore.  The big shows with the SP's are just too annoying.  Never got into the band but your boy Dave was great in that Winn Dixie movie!
Completely missed that one...never seen that movie
wink.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'll still go see 'em, I'd just better get my ass in a seat and no more lawn tickets for the old cranky gal
laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 14 2007,10:48)
(LCB @ Aug. 14 2007,10
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) I hear you - we only go to small places anymore.  The big shows with the SP's are just too annoying.  Never got into the band but your boy Dave was great in that Winn Dixie movie!
Completely missed that one...never seen that movie
wink.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'll still go see 'em, I'd just better get my ass in a seat and no more lawn tickets for the old cranky gal  
laugh.gif
Your new title... Old Cranky Gal... OCG

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 14 2007,11:10) Who are these guys?
Dave Matthews Band!!! DMB!!! Crash into me!! Okay, Crash isn't exactly the greatest song of theirs... It's about some dude kinda stalking this chick and watching her undress...

(yamahor @ Aug. 14 2007,11:16)
Dave Matthews Band!!! DMB!!! Crash into me!! Okay, Crash isn't exactly the greatest song of theirs... It's about some dude kinda stalking this chick and watching her undress...
Actually, all of their best stuff is NOT played to death on the radio...you'd have to go to a show to find out why I like 'em so
tounge.gif

Guess the point of my useless thread here is "what in the hell happened to the FANS of a band, going to a show to actually watch and listen?" Jeez, it was just pathetic this year...

(yamahor @ Aug. 14 2007,08:16)
Beach Boys era ?

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 14 2007,11:21)
Beach Boys era ?
Who are the "Beach Boys"
laugh.gif

Hey Gunny, you're older than Ben and I
poke.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 14 2007,08:22)
Beach Boys era ?
Who are the "Beach Boys"  
laugh.gif

poke.gif
Maybe but I listen to GOOD music
tounge.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Aug. 14 2007,11:29)
(VaBusa @ Aug. 14 2007,08:22)
Beach Boys era ?
Who are the "Beach Boys"  
laugh.gif

poke.gif
Maybe but I listen to GOOD music  
tounge.gif
And so do I sweetie...never question my taste in music again...
zzwhip.gif

Go listen to Otis Redding for the eleventybillionth time already...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back