Have to give credit where credit is due

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
I have Cinguler for my mobile phone carrier and have had them for about 19 months on a 24 month contract.

For the longest time, I've complained about the crappy service, etc. etc. By that I mean, I could never get a signal at my own dang house. Really ticks me off. Finally, I discovered it's because of all the computer equipment. Good grief.

Anyhoo, we finally went down there today to get our phone numbers changed to the new area code. They have a little tiny sim card which is supposed to be used to give the phone it's new number. Put the one in for my wife's phone and it worked just fine. The one for mine, however, would not work, no matter what we did.

The guy at the Cingular store spent a good couple of hours working on it, to his credit. I was getting a little pissy with him, although I made it clear that I was not angry with him, just the phone and Cingular as a company. Anyhoo, I finally got on the phone with tech support myself and after NOT being able to get the dang thing to work after 30 more minutes, he finally gave me a new, $250 phone to keep my business.

Cool!

I'm a fan of Cingular again. Besides, without the rollover minutes, I'd have been hosed on my bill more often than not.

Cheers to Cingular again.

--Wag--

Edited to chang "I'm not a fan" to "I'm a fan." Duh.

I've had Cingular for probably going on 5 years and have never had a problem. Glad they were able to accomidate you
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I have Sprint for my personal cell and Nextel for the company one...haven't
had any problems with them, but it's time to check around
and see what out there right now.

Around here, I've talked to several people and for the most part, everyone has connection troubles no matter what carrier they use. Six of one, half dozen of the other it seems.

The rollover minutes is compelling, of course.

--Wag--

(Note my edited post at the beginning of this thread.)

verizon now . if cingular had a decent signal here that is where i would be, i was with cingular from 1992 when they were bell south or whatever name they used back then.
verizon is the most money grubbing cell company there is.

I had Nextel for 2 years and their signal wasn't good in most parts of long island. 2 way was good but cell phone wasn't. I now have Verizon for 3-4 years and I am happy. The bills are not the best but..

Ive been using cingular for almost 10 years. or at least my Pops and the company has anyway and we love it. I have 10 phone line on one bill and have so many roll over min. its not even funny.

For all the cingular useer out there, any one got more than 43,000 roll over min. on there bill?
rock.gif
I DO!!!!!

I could go for over a year and never have to touch my billed min.

I think Its time to change my plan.

Hay Wag. What phone did you get if you dont mind me askin.

I got the LG CU500. It has more features on it than I'm likely to use but it was practically the only one that Cingular has with Bluetooth which I MUST have!

--Wag--

Have Cingular and rarely have dropped calls (only when I or the other person is driving) and calls w/ any othe Cingular customer does not count against my minutes. Had the same problems at home w/ reception until I realized my wireless modem was interfering with my calls...works fine as long as I'm not in the same room.

Rollover minutes have saved my wallet a few times as well. My phone has Blue Tooth, camera, video and all the bells and whistles but all I ever do is use it as a phone.

I agree w/ the earlier statement regarding Verizon as the most money-grubbing company out there...I have them for my home line and DSL. Always a pain the @ss to deal with.

I love Cingular,I had yo go off on em once or twice,but they know you can switch carriers in a second now,so they generally try to please you.

I hate cell phones...never wanted to be "that accessible"
laugh.gif

...but I'm glad you've found a company that doesn't make you feel like you're being taken
smile.gif
at least not today
tounge.gif

Yep I am on Verizon because they service is great. I get more signal than other people, especially on trips across the BFE

Glad to hear!

I've got Cingular, too. Have about 120 lines with them - virtually all Blackberry's.

The new Blackberry Pearl is sweet!
biggrin.gif
(I just wish it had 3G speeds)

my wife has that new LG and I just upgraded to the new Samsung BlackJack....Now there is a phone with all the bells and goodies!

I just bought my wife the pink Motorola L2 for Xmas.  The L6 is better, it has a camera & Itunes but she has had a camera phone for 2 years - never used it so I decided to go with the L2 with no camera and save some bux.  Home run - she loves it! It's freakin paper thin.

Looky

motorola-l2-pink-l.gif

Back