Credit reports / credit score

AZIROC

Registered
ok, i ran/got my credit report. i show 5 different thinks on there. 4 of the 5 are things less then $250. like 1 is $50 for a hospital/emergency room, another is $100 for a hosptial/emergency room, 1 is $200 from sprint (this i knew about and honestly totally forgot and will be calling them when i get home to pay it off).. and 1 is something else small. The 5th is a "opps" back in my *im 19 with a 10k limit credit card*. anywho, that was back in 2000-2001, yet on the credit report, it shows july/05?

the 2 emergency things are back in apr/'03 when i was in a motorcycle accident. i know for a fact i payed those fees, but unfortunatly, dont have any reciepts showing i did. is there any way to have my insurance company figure it out or anything i can do to get it off there?.. or should i just pay the small amounts off to get it off there? Also, regarding my $5000 "opps", anyone know what the statue of limitations is in AZ? i thought it was 3 or 4 years. either way, why does it show july/'05 when i know this whole not paying issue was sent to a creditor no later then 2001. *yes.. i know.. i should have paid it off, but its a long story involving a debt consolidation company and them taking me for a $4000 ride and me not being able to get my $ back from them.

as far as my score, unfortunatly i dont have that yet, i guess i have to actually PAY for that. I really wanna clean my credit up because i want to get a house here soon and prefer not to have anything bad on it and hope my score is decent enough.

The 05 charge was probably re-submitted by the claimant. They can do that every 2 years, until the debt is paid. The best thing to do is contact Equifax (and your other local reporting agencies) and file a dispute. That will trigger an investigation of each of your concerns. They will contact the creditor to find out if it's a valid claim.

you can't get rid of any valid claims against you either, you gotta wait it out. they don't always take the same amount of time either. i just got rid of one last year from 97 that finally fell off, i've got mad credit to boot. you wanna help it. then pay your bills on time, pay a little extra, don't run your credit unless you absolutly have to. length of time at your current address helps too. good luck

i hear u on paying things off. ever since i tried that debt consolidation thing and got hosed, ive been on the right track and payed all my debts and pay my stuff now on time. its just these things i found i had. those 3 thinks ill prob pay friday *payday* and the cell thing oll pay off in the morning. as far as the $5000 debt.. do i try to contact someone there and get put on a payment plan, or should that 5k not even still show?

They can legelly keep it on the report until it's payed off and it expires from the report. They have to update the report to show it was paid, but it can be left there for quite some time.

guess i have a few phoen calls to make in the morning
sad.gif
damn companys giving 18 y/os high limit credit cards and us acting stupid with them
blush.gif

sad.gif
damn companys giving 18 y/os high limit credit cards and us acting stupid with them
blush.gif
7-10 years my friend... thats how long they can report it!
Now, even if you go and pay the over due amounts off you will still have those five negative claims on your report! They only way to remove them is to show that they were never valid! A dispute must be filed and they will investigate... The companies you reported you as owing money will have thirty days to answer! If they don't report back you can have that portion removed! Some other options would be to add a statement to your credit report explaining the situation (in very few words) about any negative items.. Won't change your fica score but might be the difference between getting credit and not...

For the ones you know you paid....talk to the debtor and ensure they have a record of it and then request a letter stating such to be mailed to you. Keep that letter. They will also be obligated at that point to update the information they have on you within the 30 days as mentioned above.

Debtors are quick to report slow or non-payments....but take their sweet friggin time on reporting it paid...sometimes they won't unless you make it known you are watching.

sad.gif
blush.gif
7-10 years my friend... thats how long they can report it!
Now, even if you go and pay the over due amounts off you will still have those five negative claims on your report! They only way to remove them is to show that they were never valid! A dispute must be filed and they will investigate... The companies you reported you as owing money will have thirty days to answer! If they don't report back you can have that portion removed! Some other options would be to add a statement to your credit report explaining the situation (in very few words) about any negative items.. Won't change your fica score but might be the difference between getting credit and not...
so after i pay them off i need 2 dispute it.. or just dispute them now?

Back