negatives on credit report

AZIROC

Registered
so i was checking out my credit report (got 1 of those free ones) and on there was 2 old credit card debts i had. I also show some medical bill for $50 that was back in 2003. i dont remember ever getting any bill since i always paid any co-pay drs visit then and there, so i will b calling this place monday morning to see whats up and getting it paid for. as far as the credit cards, both went into collection (so much for using 1 of those credit card consolidation places..they just took my $) anywho, i got ahold of those 2 credit card collections places and have since paid off both accounts (did a good 6 months ago if not longer) needless to say i was kind of surprised when both show up on my credit report as a negative, but both show under the "status" section a paid off/closed. is there a certain "time limit" to when they get taken off.. or do i need to call/write someone to get it taken off?

Yes. If I remember correctly you need to send a letter to the credit agency stating the debt has been paid, not yours etc.

It takes awhile. Also, if you can sign up for credit reports do so. This way you can check if it has been removed.

r8

7-10 yrs my Brother.... Thats how long they can report you. Now, as was suggested you can dispute the validity of the debt! IF its in fact not yours or in error then you could have it removed. This takes sometime to do and leg work by you...

CLICK ME TO SEE THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT....

Pay particular attention to Page 46 and on, Disputing Credit Report Accuracy.

Back