Anybody ever buy a cel phone

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I am going to get a Razor for my little girl. Don't wanna get it from cingular, cause they'll make me sign a contract again....and change my plan. Don't wanna change my plan, all the others are much more dough.
I am told that if you have the sim card from the old phone, you just plug it in to the new one and Viola! the new phone works.
Is this correct?
Lookin' at several on ebay....if the seller has a 99%+ approval rating, and lots of sales.........it's pretty safe, no?

Thoughts please!

I have done it, it is true. The phone your purchase must be unlocked so you can use it with any network, besides that, just throw the SIM card in the new phone and you're set.

You might have to enter some settings manually for internet and stuff like that, but its no big deal, just call your network they should help you out with it.

I do suggest you ask your network to confirm the model will be compatible tough... Rarely, some aren't

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128098465 -->

Yea, I am AT&T/Cingular. I just don't want to re-up my contract. We have a killer family deal that will go away if we "migrate" to cingular. My daughters Siemens is a POS. Just wanted to suprise her and get a cool GOOD phone for her.....

Yep, only cingular, I have people calling me at Ntelos asking for the razor. I have to tell them it's only cingular and try and sell them another phone.

make sure the phone is unclock so you cam use it with diff. provider.
I bought a verizon phone on ebay (used) and no problems

I am going to get a Razor for my little girl. Don't wanna get it from cingular, cause they'll make me sign a contract again....and change my plan. Don't wanna change my plan, all the others are much more dough.
I am told that if you have the sim card from the old phone, you just plug it in to the new one and Viola! the new phone works.
Is this correct?
Lookin' at several on ebay....if the seller has a 99%+ approval rating, and lots of sales.........it's pretty safe, no?

Thoughts please!
unlocked razors are avialble in india.. in plenty!! let me know if you want one. I can try to source one for you. They take any GSM sim card in them. Are you using a GSM service or CDMA or TDMA
rock.gif

Widely available here as well,and unlocked, will work with any GSM network.:;):

will they work with Sprint/Nextel?How Much for a nice one color doesn't matter?You will have to tell your service provider you switched phones cause the new phone will emit a different Ein# and if it's not the same as the one on your acct they will shut the phone down cause they will think someone is frauding them out of time and it protects you from having a million dollar phone bill also.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131270132 -->

I used to be an authorised repairer for Motorola, Nokia, Eric and several others.

The phone companies get a specific software version to lock the units to their SIM's.
If you can find a repair agent who will flash a standard software version into it your good to go.

Its not really ment to go on but it does.

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131272058 -->

Nj or shenoyp,

Thank you can hook a busa brother up with a unlocked black razr, I have a silver one and hate the color. Wish I could have held out for a black one,

Can you help?

Josh

Nj or shenoyp,

Thank you can hook a busa brother up with a unlocked black razr, I have a silver one and hate the color. Wish I could have held out for a black one,

Can you help?

Josh
Josh, I bought a black razor off ebay for 275 shipped to my door. My daughter has been using it now for a couple of weeks...works great.
We just took the sim card out of her old Siemens, stuffed it into the razor....and viola!
Off and runnin'!

Back