Cell Phone Recomendations?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I have Verizon and need a new cell phone.
I currently have a Casio GZ One Commando, actually the 5th one in 2 years, warranty replacements.
I dropped this one today, about 2 feet, and shattered the shatterproof screen.
Nothing but problems with them(speakers have gone out in last 4).
Can anyone recommend a quality, durable phone?
I've looked at the Kyocera Brigadire, the Commando's replacement.
But it has mixed reveiws.
I need a phone(or with a cover) that can take some abuse, water proof, is not huge, has loud volume, and has good reception. I call, text, browse ebay and email, and take pictures(although I don't the best camera there is), and that's about it.
My wife's I-phone 6 is on the same plan as my Android/Commando.
My service at our house is garbage, her's is excellent.
Aside from the Kyocera, I don't see any real durable phones. So, are there any slim/thin cases that are tough and waterproof?
I'de just like to hear real people's experiences with what they have, good or bad.
I'm going to order a new phone tonight(mine's been eligable for an upgrade for a while now anyway).
I don't want to get something and regret it, so I thought I'de ask here first.
Thank you for any help.

I don't know about super slim. But the punk case is nice I have one on my note 5. It's waterproof up to 2 meters dust proof snow proof shock proof mud proof and child proof lol.

Just get an iPhone 6 and an otterbox or lifeproof case....with an otterbox I suggest tearing out the thin plastic screen cover and buying one of the tempered glass screen protectors. You can't do that with the lifeproof or you will compromise the waterproof aspect of it. I have the 6s Plus in an otterbox with tempered glass protector, never had an issue, then again I take care of my phone seeing how it is over $1000.00 piece of electronics! You might also look into a Samasung s7, I think they are waterproof from the factory.

I have a LG G4 , and its great . On my 2nd one , but reason why is passed onto my son . No issues , the V10 is huge compared to a G4 . Battery life is super . these pictures taken with the phone .
All pictures I have posted on this form is with the phone .

20160709_133219_zpslecx1rgx.jpg
20160709_123653_HDR_zpsipchd6wc.jpg
20160709_103719_zpssql4lfcl.jpg
20160709_103529_zps1tklbl0u.jpg

Are you in construction trades ?

No, just hard on things.
Mainly riding four wheelers, in the woods, water, working on whatever(house, cars, bikes).
I don't want to wonder if a phone can handle whatever I throw at it.

I have a Samsung 4 also with an otterbox protector. I've dropped it numerous times without problem. It is not waterproof though, but the Samsung S7 is.

No, just hard on things.
Mainly riding four wheelers, in the woods, water, working on whatever(house, cars, bikes).
I don't want to wonder if a phone can handle whatever I throw at it.

What helped my phone live longer is Blue tooth . Less touching of phone for everything you listed . I have no case or even screen protector still looks new . I just keep in mind its in the pocket . If going under a car or climbing phone goes on a safe work bench or something . The extra 5 seconds have taken a ton of wear off my phones . I'm a small guy , and cases just made a big phone huge to were fitting in a pocket of a 5' 1 " tall person impossible with any comfort . Belt clips were a no for snaging in ceilings or limiting my electrical tool belt while at work .

Simply there is no bullet proof phone like you would like to own .

What helped my phone live longer is Blue tooth . Less touching of phone for everything you listed . I have no case or even screen protector still looks new . I just keep in mind its in the pocket . If going under a car or climbing phone goes on a safe work bench or something . The extra 5 seconds have taken a ton of wear off my phones . I'm a small guy , and cases just made a big phone huge to were fitting in a pocket of a 5' 1 " tall person impossible with any comfort . Belt clips were a no for snaging in ceilings or limiting my electrical tool belt while at work .

Simply there is no bullet proof phone like you would like to own .

I know there's no bulletproof phone.
The Commandos I've had have held up pretty good, all things considered.
I don't like bluetooth either. Too much hassle. Using an ear piece, turning it on and off, just not for me.
I used to drive a truck, hated ear pieces and head sets.
Just listening to everyones' real world opinions on what the toughest phones and cases are.

doesnt get any tougher than a lifeproof case. As for phones i think the samsung s7 will be just the ticket for you.

This is about the newest cell phone thread I could find so I figured I would resurrect it. Been running my Galaxy S4 (with Otterbox Defender) for around 4 years now and starting to look at new phones. The two (or four depending on how you look at it) phones I am interested in are the Google Pixel (and XL) and the new Galaxy S8 (and Plus). I have read great things about the google phones and the S8 seems to be the new IT! The things in the Sammy's favor are the Waterproof case, Wireless charging and Expandable memory. I would run a case (not necessarily Otterbox) on either of them regardless, so the Waterproof thing is not so important. Wireless Charging also not a deal breaker, my wife and kids have it on their phones and seem to like it. The Expandable memory of the S8 would be offset by the Google unlimited storage. Anybody got any experience with either of these two.

screw all of those phones!!! You NEED the new BRICK Phone !!! Battery last for days!!! Strong signal,it can be used as personal protection in a fight ( BRICK), and if you velcro it to the side of your bike, it can be used as a frame slider.
new brick phone.jpg

Back