buying a new phone.. can use your opinion..

shawnski

Donating Member
Registered
well next month my two years contract with at@t is done and i am looking at replacing my current android htc inspire 4g with something better.. i was not happy with current phone at all but you know they put you on 2 years contract so if you want to get something else it will cost you fortune!!:banghead: that is the tactic they use to keep you around..my htc phone sucks, it freezes alot and slow as hell for 4g, the at@t blames it on the phone and the htc people blame it on at@t.. oh well what else could you expect from them..
i am looking for high speed phone i browse the web alot and i want something fast.. i don't care much about any other functions other than camera and video recording.. i don't want to take a nap before i can get to next page or watch something on youtube:laugh:
i have told that samsung galaxy is a good one but i like to get you guys opinion on what would be my choice..
..and by the way i don't want to spend arm and leg for it either!!:laugh:

thanks

First thing I would recommend is dropping AT&T for Verizon. Second, I have had the Motorola Razr since it came out and it has been great. I cannot remember it locking up once, 3G is pretty good, and the 4G is better.

First thing I would recommend is dropping AT&T for Verizon. Second, I have had the Motorola Razr since it came out and it has been great. I cannot remember it locking up once, 3G is pretty good, and the 4G is better.

i have been really thinking about dropping at@t too... their store services sucks.. their answer to the problems is to replace your phone to something else, it is all about sales rather solution to the problem..

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I love it, but I'm on Verizon, so I can't speak to the level of coverage you have with AT&T.

I've found it doesn't matter what smart phone I have (DroidX before the S3), they seem to all have their "moments" :laugh:

Omar's a huge fan of iPhones...I think it all depends on who you talk to and what it is you're looking for...they're all pretty much the same amount of annoyance :laugh:

I moved to Verizon from AT&T 15-16 months ago and have been very happy with the switch.

I'm a iPhone guy so I can't help you with droid recommendations. I almost went with a Razr maxx when I switched but stayed on the iPhone. I'm waiting to upgrade to a iPhone5 in the future. I also use a Vorizen 4g LTE mifi unit and LTE rocks!!!

The galaxy(S3) is a great choice, price is pretty good for a dual core phone, quad cores are better with processing and battery life, check out the LG optimus g or the note 2, both are great phones. I get Sprint & at&t for free but pay for my Verizon because I know it'll work everywhere! If you can wait hold out for the galaxy s4 which is slated to be released in a couple of months.

Sent from my HTC DNA using Forum Runner

I have sprint and their airave home cell tower. I used to have Verizon for years and then moved to Sprint for their "simply everything" plan. I travel all over the US for work and so far have really found very few places where my sprint phone didnt work and my buddy's verizon did. Those places were out in the boonies for the most part though some areas of some cities are problematic.

We have stuck with Sprint for the past 5 or 6yrs and really have no complaints. The 4G works well in cities with it and the phone selection is the same as everywhere else really....and my bill hasnt changed really at all over the years (except when getting a 4G phone which is $10/month surcharged) . I recently went through the whole phone upgrade process and ultimately found myself with a Note2. Love the larger screen, the battery lasts forever and its really fast. I went away from from the iPhone for a few reasons. We have a ton of apple devices already so it wasnt the whole "itunes" issue most folks have. I just didnt like the fixed memory idea and had already a significant investment into the andriod I was replacing from the apps/integration with google side. I looked at several others out there and kept coming back to the S3 and Note2. Samsung just seems to have crushed the others with these two phones. I hear there's a whole new crop of phones coming out this spring so if you can hold off you might find yourself either with a great new selection or at the very least cheaper pricing on existing models. Currently I didnt see anything in the other brands that did all that the Samsungs did and still allowed you to have expandable/interchangeable extended memory cards.

FWIW All the carriers have their femto cells you can buy or they might give you if you live in bad service areas but find decent service outside your house from different carriers.

Never met anyone who bought an IPhone and has not liked it. I'm with AT&T and am grandfathered in to the 30 dollar unlimited data plan. I've had my Iphone 4 for 2.5 years now and it works very well. iTUNES SUCKS THOUGH! I do wish they had expandable memory but that is one of their money making schemes. Hmmm, lets see I'll put double the memory in for about 5 dollars and charge 100 bucks more.

i have the HTC EVO 4G, worthless. Worthless as teets on a boar hog worthless. I hate this phone and can genuinely say this as this is my 4th one due to first an ins claim and then warranty after warranty claim. F this phone, can't wait to get something else!!!!

The galaxy(S3) is a great choice, price is pretty good for a dual core phone, quad cores are better with processing and battery life, check out the LG optimus g or the note 2, both are great phones. I get Sprint & at&t for free but pay for my Verizon because I know it'll work everywhere! If you can wait hold out for the galaxy s4 which is slated to be released in a couple of months.

This is what this man does for a living.

thanks... good to know

Yes sir, all day everyday!

so... tell me something why is it i am in my car and the web is slow as can be then i go 1 mile away and it works fine in the car?? one day i am in patio of my place and it is fast and the next day same location is slow.. and i am not just trying to use one website.. it is either good or bad surfing different websites...???

so... tell me something why is it i am in my car and the web is slow as can be then i go 1 mile away and it works fine in the car?? one day i am in patio of my place and it is fast and the next day same location is slow.. and i am not just trying to use one website.. it is either good or bad surfing different websites...???

A lot of that has to do with the phone/network, the inspire was a great phone at the time, the downfall of that phone is that the antennas are at the bottom of the phone which was being blocked whenever your holding it, the software updates that they pushed didn't help neither.

I have the Samaung Galaxy Note on AT&T. Love the phone and don't have coverage problems. Don't stray too far from a power outlet though.

Samsung Galaxy S3 for me with US Cellular. So far no trouble. I have been with USC for 2 years now and am very happy with them :thumbsup:

I have the iphone 4 and my wife has samsung galaxy aviator. I am with Verizon and she is with US Cellular. Both service is good. I like my iphone she likes her samsung. I think more of your problem is AT&T. Change providers and you will be ok.

Hands down the simplicity of the iPhone and battery life cannot be matched.

Back