buying a new phone.. can use your opinion..

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with AT&T. They didn't have the S3's when I got mine. I LOVE the S2. I Hate AT&T. When my contract expires, I'm going to an S3 with Another Provider!

Hands down the simplicity of the iPhone and battery life cannot be matched.

Battery life on the 5 is no where close to the 4/s, that's my biggest complaints from my customers, others than the maps.

Sent from my HTC DNA using Forum Runner

Battery life on the 5 is no where close to the 4/s, that's my biggest complaints from my customers, others than the maps.

Sent from my HTC DNA using Forum Runner

I have an IPhone 5 and my battery life is far better than my old 4/4s . As for carriers I think you need to worry about coverage area where you live and that would be the one I would recommend . After you check coverage start phone shopping . I have had IPhones since they came out and have nothing but great things to say about them . I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S3 and that didn't last more than a week , The battery life SUCKS !! As for my IPhone battery life it isn't an issue ,I Bought a MOPHIE Juice pack due here after the 14th so it only gets better . I have AT&T and have had great luck with them but they also have the best coverage area where I am at.

Strange all the complaints I see about HTC and AT&T. I have an HTC One X with AT&T, and in the last 8 months, have never had a moments trouble with either. I know several people who have Verizon, and the only difference I see in our services is Verizon costs $20 pr month more. My phone has never froze, and I get service where anyone else does in my part of the country.
Have thought about trying an Iphone, but in everything I read, they consistently get bad reviews. Seen some big survey yesterday where the Iphone 5 placed 5th in customer satisfaction in the US, and 3rd overall in Europe (HTC One X placed first on the European market:laugh:).
Believe I'd have to recommend and stick with what I have, as I've not yet seen anything proven to me to work any better around here.

thanks guys for all the input :thumbsup:...so far looks like iphone5 and samsung galaxi on top of the list and maybe getting rid of at&t..

Hands down the simplicity of the iPhone and battery life cannot be matched.

Not true sir, the new Note 2 has a lot more battery life then the iPhone5
3100amh of battery life, and twice the ram of the iPhone

The galaxy Note2 is a no joke phone, thing is a monster, quad core processor. Dual app feature is awesome.

Strange all the complaints I see about HTC and AT&T. I have an HTC One X with AT&T, and in the last 8 months, have never had a moments trouble with either. I know several people who have Verizon, and the only difference I see in our services is Verizon costs $20 pr month more. My phone has never froze, and I get service where anyone else does in my part of the country.
Have thought about trying an Iphone, but in everything I read, they consistently get bad reviews. Seen some big survey yesterday where the Iphone 5 placed 5th in customer satisfaction in the US, and 3rd overall in Europe (HTC One X placed first on the European market:laugh:).
Believe I'd have to recommend and stick with what I have, as I've not yet seen anything proven to me to work any better around here.

at&t service for some reason has gone real bad in my area the last few years .. every store i go to,they are low skill associates that they are not problem solvers other than salespeople who try to sell you more products and upgrades..
i know quite few people that have the same type of problem with home internet and cable provided by at&t

The galaxy Note2 is a no joke phone, thing is a monster, quad core processor. Dual app feature is awesome.

True story

ForumRunner_20130212_205025.png

ForumRunner_20130212_205025.png

Also the note2 allows for split screen use which is pretty dang cool

ForumRunner_20130212_205810.png

ForumRunner_20130212_205910.png

ForumRunner_20130212_205810.png

ForumRunner_20130212_205910.png

Leave an iphone and a note at ilde. Lets see which phone will last longer.

I'm reading the comments and lmao because everyone says the word phone while talking about quad core split screen multi app capability. :rofl:

Phone: a device which makes calls.

You don't need a retina display or five inch screen to make calls.
These things are so far from a 'phone' that I really don't see why they are referred to them as that?
It's a hand held computer or mini tablet with phone capability, no?
I spend more time surfing the web and using apps on my iPhone than I do talking to people.

Is that the one that requires a remote?

really its not horrible once you get used to it and you dont have to use the pen :thumbsup: They have settings to allow for one handed operation so even if you have smaller hands or women operators its pretty easy to use one handed. I'm on the phone typically 4-5hrs a day and use my Bluetooth headset but even holding it to my ear, you just get used to the slightly larger size. The power, battery life, expandability of memory and software load on the Note2 made the decision easy for me. Like I said before I travel for a living pretty much, so being able to do more from the phone instead of pulling out the tablet or laptop was a huge selling point for me. Its just really worked out that the phone is easily one of the best I've ever used, hands down. I will say that experience comes in part due to my acceptance, adoption and use of the Google suite of applications (gmail, picasa, drive, etc) which are seamlessly integrated into the new android OS (so admittedly you might get that same level from other droid phones on jellybean+).

End of the day, its an amazing device and one I've not looked back and questioned one time in the past few months of owning it. :thumbsup:

I'm reading the comments and lmao because everyone says the word phone while talking about quad core split screen multi app capability. :rofl:

These things are so far from a 'phone' that I really don't see why they are referred to them as that?
I spend more time surfing the web and using apps on my iPhone than I do talking to people.

very true indeed. The one thing I have found though through the years of using "smart phones" is that some of them really suck at being a phone but do the multimedia well or vice versa. In this case I think both Apple and Samsung have nailed the platforms up so that the devices work flawlessly as phones and do the multimedia "smart" stuff really well too. My first requirement for any "phone" device is that it does the job of a phone (phone calls, conf calls, vmail, sms/mms, etc) perfectly. The other bits of it are hugely great to have but if it doesnt do #1 right, then its just a pile of #2 :laugh:

yah time has changed alot... i was happy in late 80's to have one of these... i felt important..:laugh:

Cell-clutch.jpg

Cell-clutch.jpg

really its not horrible once you get used to it and you dont have to use the pen :thumbsup: They have settings to allow for one handed operation so even if you have smaller hands or women operators its pretty easy to use one handed. I'm on the phone typically 4-5hrs a day and use my Bluetooth headset but even holding it to my ear, you just get used to the slightly larger size. The power, battery life, expandability of memory and software load on the Note2 made the decision easy for me. Like I said before I travel for a living pretty much, so being able to do more from the phone instead of pulling out the tablet or laptop was a huge selling point for me. Its just really worked out that the phone is easily one of the best I've ever used, hands down. I will say that experience comes in part due to my acceptance, adoption and use of the Google suite of applications (gmail, picasa, drive, etc) which are seamlessly integrated into the new android OS (so admittedly you might get that same level from other droid phones on jellybean+).

End of the day, its an amazing device and one I've not looked back and questioned one time in the past few months of owning it. :thumbsup:

+1. I have a small blurtooth headset that I use as the phone. With voice dial, voice search, voice navigation, etc all hands free. Like Blanca said, the device itself is my tablet and the bigger the screen the better.

Phone to me actually means - GPS, Voice directions, music AND CALLS - bluetoothed to my helmet via Sena SM10. SIII on Verizon - Very happy except for VERIZON always trying to squeeze a little more money outta ya!

Kawa snd S3.jpg

My two cents on battery life. It's nice to have longer life but 80 percent ot the time it's irrelevant. As long as a phone lasts at least 1 day you can always find a way to charge it. Most phones last at least 2. I can usually go around 3, 2 if I talk a lot. My Iphone 4 charges in my car on the way to and from work and rarely goes below 80 percent. When travelling, it may drop to 50% in all day useage. IPhone chargers are small and easy to carry.

BTW On all phones life is drastically affected by signal strength. If you live an an area with weak signal the phone will use more power to maintain it's connection. 4G also eats battery life and has no impact on call quality so if you don't need it you can turn it off and switch it on when you are using data.

Looking forward to getting my 64 GB IPhone 5 this summer.

Here's a better question. What would we do without cell phones. How did we get by 20 years ago!

Back