Muzzy Blades and Gen2 Radiator

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok so I am pissed at my muzzy fans. They are loud as hell. Ended up taking my second fan off cause it was making a buzzing sound and the other fan is loud because of the aluminum blade. Needless to say I am done with aluminum fans. I am just now riding the bike a lot for the first time before winter and its annoying me. I vote no for muzzy fans. I may be just overly crazy about it but i dont like my fans being loud. And now summer rolling around, sitting in traffic for just a few minutes is long enough for the fans to kick on so I need to change it before it drives me up a wall.

I am now just going to get a gen2 radiator with both stock fans on it. I know that i need Gen2 hoses also. Anything else i need?

It will be a mod for after the Bash but i will need two fans. I think it would just be easier to buy a good or new Gen2 with dual fans then do all the work to get new oem blades and all that. The Gen2 fans look like they are a more shallow mount then the Gen2 so header clearance shouldnt be an issue...

My brother just put one on his 1k RR rode it 11 miles and tore it back off, said it was louder than crap and bike actually got hotter than with his stocker

My brother just put one on his 1k RR rode it 11 miles and tore it back off, said it was louder than crap and bike actually got hotter than with his stocker

Yep. Im upset i threw my stocker away. Def not worth the money.

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

wouldnt it be easier and more cost effective to buy two gen1 fans? the muzzy fans are more bling than anything. people have reported loss of cooling with them.

wouldnt it be easier and more cost effective to buy two gen1 fans? the muzzy fans are more bling than anything. people have reported loss of cooling with them.

yeah but my radiator is a bit bajged up and mounting a new second radiator fan is a bit of work. Id rather get a gen2 that mounts 2 fans cleanly

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

I have a set of Muzzy Blades ony 08 and they don't seem that loud on mine and it actually cools down quicker than the stock blades .

I installed a muzzy several years ago on my '02 and have not had an issue either. Perhaps the increased air noise is the culprit? Increased air flow/velocity will create additional noise. Or is it the fan motor noise? Just curious...

I installed a muzzy several years ago on my '02 and have not had an issue either. Perhaps the increased air noise is the culprit? Increased air flow/velocity will create additional noise. Or is it the fan motor noise? Just curious...

Its not the motor its the aluminum blades because it has an aluminum sound to the noise. Hard to explain.

yeappers just get a GenII:whistle:

Nahhh. I like my better looking busa :moon:. Just easier to get a radiator with fans mounted on it already

Back