It's Been A Week On The New Forum -- Feedback Time

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
okay folks let's hear it, how are things going on the new software?

1. What do you like
  2. What would you change
  3. What do you absolutely not like
  4. Have you tried the mobile version on your phone or tablet yet?
Ask any questions you have here if you don't mind.. One question and everyone learns.

thanks,

Cap

Moble is the only version I have used so far. So far I like it, although I have not tried to use every function yet. Every time I think I have found something not working or I don't like I read that you already have it on your to do list and it's fixed.

My only comment is thank you for all your hard work and what you have done for the rest of us.

My only comment is thank you for all your hard work and what you have done for the rest of us.

It's an honor sir, I have met some of my closest life friends here over the past 16 or so years and I plan to continue making new ones.

cap

okay folks let's hear it, how are things going on the new software?

1. What do you like
  2. What would you change
  3. What do you absolutely not like
  4. Have you tried the mobile version on your phone or tablet yet?
Ask any questions you have here if you don't mind.. One question and everyone learns.

thanks,

Cap
1 i love the new setup Cap. I love that it automatically adjust for mobile devices. I have tried note 5, galaxy tablet, kindle, galaxy s5, galaxy s4, and a crapple s5
2 i wouldnt change a thing. I like the transitions from page to page and really like all the features.
3 i havent been able to find anything i dont like. It feels so modern yet honestly it doesnt feel a ton different as we have the same good folk here.
4 see 1... lol

Thanks again cap for the dedication.

Anyone having issues with the search option on the mobile site? It says error every time I type something and hit search.

This thing is making me look bad. Tried for the past 2 days and nothing..... Now, all of a sudden, is working. Thanks!

Is it possible to get the pinned threads back?
The search function doesn't turn up much if anything either.
No complaints though.
Thanks for a great job and keeping the site going for us all.

Is it possible to get the pinned threads back?
The search function doesn't turn up much if anything either.
No complaints though.
Thanks for a great job and keeping the site going for us all.

1. The pinned threads that were pinned are still there, if there are others that you want pinned then we probably need to find the threads or create a new area..
2. The search function has nailed every search topic I have entered, what are you looking for that you can't find? Lets make sure we are all on the same page... I have had nothing but positive feedback on the search feature....

cap

I don't see any of the pinned threads at all.
They used to top the list on the general bike info and gen2 pages.
Also, about a year or 2 ago all the pinned threads disapeared.
Around 10 or less ever came back, and it took months.
I have Windows 7 still if that has anything to do with it.

I have entered several thread names that I have started in the search function(so I know the wording is exact to aid in the search).
No results are ever found.

There are no pinned threads listed anywhere anymore(at least for me).
They used to top the thread lists of the general bike and gen2 pages.
A year or 2 ago all of the pinned threads disapeared.
Months later, less than 10 reappeared.

Since the search won't work for me, I can't find exact thread titles of the old pinned threads.
Most all were "how-to's" and common mods that answered commonly asked questions.
There was always a tremendous amount of info available at the top of the general info and gen2 pages.

Sixpack do you see any of the threads that look like this?

upload_2016-1-27_20-55-41.png

I like the ignore switch. That way I can block that crap from yang 7747.....
Why can't you just get rid of him?

I like the ignore switch.

That way I can block that crap from yang 7747.....

Why can't you just get rid of him?

Some of us enjoy inter-action with others ~ even if we have to take light abuse . . .

Kind of like the " New " flag over on the right corner of a post !

That way we don't need to see a date to reply ?

I've been known to raise old post.

Hope everyone logs in.

Red, *<(:{)-

Sixpack do you see any of the threads that look like this?

View attachment 386671

No sir

I just tried searching again, and a couple threads that I know the exact wording of showed up, along with alot of related threads.
I also searched for the pinned thread on gen1 to 2 interchangeable parts.
I don't know the exact title, and all I got were 5 related threads, but nothing that would lead to it.

Maybe it would be helpful if some of the members that started some of the pinned threads could post them and we could start over.
For example, BlancaBusaless had several "how-to" threads, like gen2 fairing removal.
Could we start a new thread with people posting links to threads to be pinned?
Then you or a moderator could determine if you want that particular thread pinned, and begin to compile a pinned list as time allows?
Thank you, as I'm sure there is enough to do behind the scenes here as it is.

Back