It's Been A Week On The New Forum -- Feedback Time

okay lets break this down...

Problem 1. Seeing the pinned topics.
  • I logged in with the same permissions you have...
  • This is what I see, you dont see the Red pins?
upload_2016-1-28_19-0-21.png

Problem 2 - Search results..

Yes sir, I see the red pins now.
I may have over looked them earlier today, but they were not there last night.

Would you consider making a new thread asking members to post their threads or any threads they remember as pinned, or feel should be pinned?
I would, but think it would get a greater response from you.

I don't have a problem trying to search, but at one time there were alot of pinned threads in general info and gen2 forums.
There was a wealth of info easily available, especially for common mods and commonly asked questions.

And sorry, I'm not trying to lengthen your to-do list.
Thanks

Hey this is what we do to make it better... The pinned threads went away because I looked one day and we had almost a page of pinned threads.. They were just eating up the whole first page.. What we can do however is make a forum that is just for these and move them all there... that might be a good idea...

Hey this is what we do to make it better... The pinned threads went away because I looked one day and we had almost a page of pinned threads.. They were just eating up the whole first page.. What we can do however is make a forum that is just for these and move them all there... that might be a good idea...

Right on
Whatever you think will work the best.
We're all happy with how you do things!

maybe I'm missing somthn but how do u add a pic to ur signature? I dont see an attachment link like before? anyone got any ideas? I'm all ears

Most sites are not allowing banners in signatures anymore because it causes slow and laggy responses for all readers of the forum. You will continue to see this trend I believe. We have had folks post very large pictures as banners which causes a download on every post. There are some work arounds with size restrictions etc but those are not even in the core of the software. If you have your banner for your sig hosted on the internet you can use the url option as the features are today.

Okay, under postings, tab on our Profiles, can we get the split posting back?
Repied to
and
Started Threads?

You referring to something like this John? You can see recent post but you can also see all of your activity..

upload_2016-1-31_7-57-58.png

Yes but it used to be split,
Started threads
and posts
Which you could choose what you where looking for,

It's just getting used to the new navigation, very similar but so different at the same time.

Doug your trying to teach Old Dogs new tricks!

maybe I'm missing somthn but how do u add a pic to ur signature? I dont see an attachment link like before? anyone got any ideas? I'm all ears

His banner is actually a URL pulled from a hosting site... if you have your banner saved somewhere just link to it in your signature..

Just wondering - many of the boxes with "?" in them - replaced with pictures (Avatars?) - the pictures seem fuzzy and/or cropped and cut off.

On the old forum I don't remember so many of them looking fuzzy and/or cut off like on this one.
Is there a certain size that will give the best results? Because the boxes with the "?" look square - does that mean a square image would work best?

One more thing. Maybe I missed it but, is there a reason that post counts no longer show up? You know the one saying how many posts an individual has made. ???

Back