New Mobile Version Vs Facebook

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks, I'm trying to figure out what the mobile version here on the oRg might be lacking. In years past we heard that FB was easy to use so we spent significant time to come up with the oRg mobile version you can get now...

What else can we do? Our goal is to keep traffic and content here on the oRg and not facebook.

Thoughts?

not everyone has a fb account. I sure don't. well, I had one then deleted it with all the drama associated with it.

I get that everyone doesn't have one but those that do could sure give some insight. We even have an interface so you can create an account on this site automatI call with your FB account to save time and make it convenient.

Cap, I can't upload mobile pics. They don't resize. Is there something on my end I can do? My phone takes huge pictures, 4.5mb. I have to put them on my laptop and resize in paint.

Cap, I can't upload mobile pics. They don't resize. Is there something on my end I can do? My phone takes huge pictures, 4.5mb. I have to put them on my laptop and resize in paint.
My phone so the same I just have to crop the pics on my phone and it works fine. I have the note 5 by the way. I hope that works for you.

Personally, I'm really happy with the way the mobile version is running and have not had anything crash during the 2 to 3 hours a day spend on here reading random posts and researching(have a boring job and this is my hobby). Is really fast and everything seems to be running smooth from my iPhone 6s. I've only used a desktop/laptop a handful of times to access the .org so, I rely on this version pretty much 100% of the times. I don't even miss forum runner and I don't bother with Facebook. I think you did a great job!!!!!! Thanks !!

P.S: I noticed some members show a "donating...." Sign Next to their names. Any info on how to donate? Is there an option somewhere in here that I can 'click' on?

P.S: I noticed some members show a "donating...." Sign Next to their names. Any info on how to donate? Is there an option somewhere in here that I can 'click' on?
The donating member stuff is very old; cAp has always been resistant to donations and therefore donations have only been accepted in "dire" times... that is why you can't see any way to do it...

The donating member stuff is very old; cAp has always been resistant to donations and therefore donations have only been accepted in "dire" times... that is why you can't see any way to do it...
Ok. Thanks for the info.

As guys have mentioned the posting of pics has always been a pain. There is definatly a fix for this. What I have done for some time is select a pic to upload in one of my Tapatalk forums, then before posting, I will select and cut the image text then transplant it where ever like on here. Not sure what tapatalk does but I have never had a pic to big to upload and it uploads here just fine. And these are pics from Iphone 6s plus and gopro4. If you could figure that out it would be awesome.

Okay folks try to upload from your phone to the forum now WITHOUT editing them first... I have added some code to the site that might just get us the best of both worlds...

Upload a test pic or two here and lets see what happens...

I just tried, I'm allowed to select a file to up load, then I get the scrolling bar then: "an error occurred the uploaded image is to big". I'm on a droid turbo 2.

[QUOTE="an error occurred the uploaded image is to big" [/QUOTE]

Do you know how big the file is ?

Hang on I'm an idiot, not enough decimal places.. can you please try again... :type:

k, I had a size (File) and also screen size limit on there... I made a change, it should work on most phones now and adjust on the forum...

Nope didnt work. But here is a pic from yesterday loaded the way I described earlier. :)
28c582ab8c2c1b771746f8015dda224d.jpg

Back