New Features - Ask A Question & Best Answer

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks a couple of new additions to the site that over time will be very helpful.

1. On the top of the page on the navigation bar there is a new tab called ask a question, it looks and acts a lot like the search feature. Ask questions there and see what threads come up and you will then be able to see threads that are relative to the words you posted.
2. Best Answer - Over time as you guys go through the threads and see answers to questions you can click under the thread and select the option "Best Answer" and then on the top of the page the reader is taken to the best answer on the page by vote.

It looks like this:

Click on the Ask a Question:

1563819690723.png

Enter your keywords or question

1563819700202.png

For those in the know, make sure you start choosing the "The Best Answer" as you read through threads so that as folks start looking for the answers to questions they don't have to dig as deep through 20 years of data. It's going to take everyone to help make this work.

1563820658366.png

As always let me know what you think and what you would change or add...

Cap

Last edited:
So you tenured & seasoned guys start clicking the best answers in threads when the thread starts out with a question and we can get this rockin fast! I can spin up an answers page with most used answers etc once we have a good dataset.

Used this feature tonight
A very dynamic search tool
Typing in "Gear Indicator" produced a thread list (20 listings in this instance) with that keyword content
Clicking on any thread title opens associated thread in a new window (browser tab in PC desktop Google Chrome).
Intuitive User Interface.
Nice work!

Now this feature will rock! Maybe i am missing something..I am using the dark theme on pc win 10 i do not see the option to select best answered?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Viper, two things...

1. Try flipping over to the default skin and see if you can see it then.
2. Clear your temp Internet files, you may be pulling a cached version of the page.

Back