It was so fun the first time …………….I did it again 1 yr later.

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
Hello Orgsters! I have missed you all so very much!!!!

It was just over a year ago on the 18th of Dec ’08 that I purchased my first Busa. Now, 1 year later, I find myself doing it again. I was hoping to purchase before Christmas, but the Ins Co. has been dragging their heels and I did not received a final settlement until just recently.

I decided to stop posting on the Org until I was back in a Busa saddle. I had hoped it would not have taken this long.

I thank all the friends who have contacted me since my get-off. Your words of encouragement, kindness and understanding really mean very much to me. I even received a friendship request while I was gone. (Maybe I should stay away more often :laugh:)

Most of you already know that on Nov 14th 2009, me and DOT went down. The damage to me was minor, but I am sad to say, DOT did not make it. The Ins Co., in all their wisdom, has penned her as a “Total Lossâ€￾, and she is now rusting in a salvage yard somewhere, very sad. It was over a month and a half since the accident before I received the offer from the Ins Co.

I have decided not to buy her back, and will use that money to buy my wife a new bike. I must replace her Bandit, which has seen better days.

With the help of our distinguished Org member, Scar, I have purchased a new Busa, to replace DOT. I thank you so very much for your support and determination in getting me back on the Bus. I can honestly say that without you and the Org, I am not sure where I would be right now.

During my time away, I visited and lurked on a few different forums, not just motorcycle forums, and I must say that this is the place I am proud to be a member. There are some very nasty and useless forums out there in Cyber Land. There are also some good ones for information, but you have to be very patient because they are not very speedy at responding. I am very behind on the Org’s activities, as I have only logged on periodically to check PM’s and lurk for a bit.

I am proud to be an Org member and it is refreshing to return here and see all the new faces and to interact here again.

I will be posting again soon to tell the tale of the ride home and the white Busa in the pics. The car was just a random thing while I was talking to the white Busa guy.

So without further ado, here is the new bike in all her glory.

And a couple of DOT, for old times sake.

Thank you friends, and have a safe year,
Bubba

PAT.JPG

PAT2.JPG

PAT3.JPG

PAT4.JPG

PAT5.JPG

PAT6.JPG

MISC.JPG

DOT.JPG

DOT2.JPG

Very nice my friend, and I want to say welcome back and good to see you back in the saddle again. :beerchug:

Very nice my friend, and I want to say welcome back and good to see you back in the saddle again. :beerchug:

Thank you again James for the information on the dealership in Tulsa, I wish that had gone through and we could have met. Tell Juli she looks great on YouTube! :thumbsup:

Great buy - Welcome back. you have been missed.

Thank you too, how have you been since your lowside? Happy Birthday BTW!:beerchug:

glad to see you back posting :)

sure is nice bike :agree:
Thanks Randy, It is nice to be back, in more ways than one.

Glad to see you back Brother! Missed seeing you around here! Sorry DOT went to the great yard, but glad your back on the Bus. Hope to see you soon! BTW---- Stay away from those curbs, they jump up and bite. LOL
:beerchug:

Bubba...I'm so happy for you.

Glad to be able to help you; it's what being family & friends is really all about.

Now, I don't think I need to say it, but I will...R I D E - S A F E R. :beerchug:

Congrats, yo.

Back