It Begins…..

How are the stock brakes and suspension on that big 'ol buffalo?

I'd imagine you are going into those as well....

How are the stock brakes and suspension on that big 'ol buffalo?

I'd imagine you are going into those as well....
The front have already re-sprung and valved. The rear has Ohlins HD 044 remote res shocks. The brakes I have put HH pads in so far. I do plan on Galfer rotors at some point however, the boat can slow down pretty quickly surprisingly.

The front have already re-sprung and valved. The rear has Ohlins HD 044 remote res shocks. The brakes I have put HH pads in so far. I do plan on Galfer rotors at some point however, the boat can slow down pretty quickly surprisingly.
I kind of remember you mentioning this actually.....but my mind isn't what it used to be...

It's always good to have something to play with and the fact it's comfy and keeps you riding is a bonus....

Yessir. We do have that here. It’s one of the few places I can find a strawberry rhubarb pie that I share with a good friend as he is the only person I know around here that eats that. Lol
Come to think of it, there is a new bakery that just opened up and I saw the advertisement for strawberry rhubarb pie, I must get there sometime and snag one..

My wife makes it fresh in the summer as we have both strawberries and rhubarb growing in our garden...and raspberries, currents and blueberries which she makes jam out of..

A couple McIntosh apple trees we make apple pies out of...

I'm spoiled I know.....

Well I’m done for the day. I could have gotten the cam cover on but I plan to powder coat so pieces so they will stay off till next weekend.
The dedication starts with the bolt cutters. Once the push rods are cut, all bets are off

IMG_9821.jpeg

What a mess
IMG_9823.jpeg

Found my rear cylinder lean spike. Intake had a leak

IMG_9824.jpeg

Christmas in December… wait. That’s already a thing

IMG_9825.jpeg

Yank out the old cam bearing and install a new one.

IMG_9828.jpeg

IMG_9829.jpeg

IMG_9830.jpeg

Oil pump in

IMG_9832.jpeg

Cam plate going in

IMG_9833.jpeg

Dot to dot, the way it should be

IMG_9834.jpeg

IMG_9835.jpeg

Still need to modify the exhaust cross over to make it single and powder a few chrome pieces to black. I’ll see how the clutch does before I put the variable pressure plate on. I may swap that for a Rekuluse clutch with a new compensator. More to come. Stay tuned next week for round 2.

Back