Its Finally Done… Mostly (Turbo’d)

merrell30

Registered
In the last year and a half i built an intercooled turbo busa with a maxxecu and motec c127 dash and 100% engine build. It survived the dyno at Schnitz about 6+ weeks ago and is running fine. I made about 100+ videos going through the process step by step i will put on youtube soon.

If you are interested, below is a list of what was done, most of it anyway. I added in a link to a short video of the first start which was about 5 months ago but running on the stock ecu.

Special thanks to Boost by Smith who was the only company who gave me a quote on some of the maxxecu/wiring work I needed done and then did the work VERY fast. 3 other well known drag racing companies never even responded or said they would and then did not.

1. 99% new engine parts rebuild. All bolts are new inside and out. All case bearings are new. All oil transfer hoses are new.
  2. Cosmic engine gasket kit.
  3. New crank and rod bearings.
  4. APE head and case stud kits and transmission stud kit. New crush washers and all new seals.
  5. Manual cam chain tensioner.
  6. Woodcraft billet generator cover.
  7. Energy Coils.
  8. New water pump.
  9. Crank race balanced and lightened and nitrited and polished. Removed balance gear and gear on crank.
  10. Wossner low compression 9:1 pistons. Modified for additional valve to piston clearance. New rings, pins, and retainers.
  11. Carrillo rods.
  12. 83mm bore and replated.
  13. Web cams .366/.377 lift. Ceramic cam bearings and brocks cam bearing clips. Kibblewhite cam tower bolt kit.
  14. Roller cam chain conversion and gear kit. Gears welded to cams.
  15. APE big bore head. Port and polish and 1mm over valves, stainless and iconel valves, bronze valve seats, springs, shortened guides, Supertech coated buckets, Kibblewhite shims.
  16. Full rebuild on transmission with Robinson lower ratio first gear, race cut, billet output shaft, billet support shaft kit, billet shift forks, billet shift shafts, Star shift kit, all new bearings and seals.
  17. High pressure oil pump gear and new oil pump. Oil restrictor removed. New oil drive gear.
  18. DME billet 1.5 inch oil pan and high pressure oil valve.
  19. MTC billet inner hub basket, TracKing clutch, APE billet modified basket. Brocks clutch cushion kit and MTC spacers by Brocks.
  20. DME Aluminum Extended Swingarm 5 to 9 over. Custom power coating. Chain roller, ultralight end blocks, 5.5 adjustable, underbracing.
  21. Carbon fiber tire hugger.
  22. Custom Extended ABS sensor wire and rear brake hose.
  23. Coremoto Forged Alum wheels and Ceramic Bearings.
  24. Gaffer wave Rotors and Pads.
  25. Penske triple adjustable air drag shock.
  26. Pingle electric shifter.
  27. RCC Turbo, ultra turbo intercooled kit.
  28. RCC scavenge pump and 1 way oil supply valve.
  29. RCC billet intercooler to throttle body clamp kit.
  30. Replaced all RCC hoses and fuel regulator with better quality parts.
  31. Upgraded to 625cc main injectors and RCC secondary injectors.
  32. BoostBySmith custom Bosch to Hayabusa injector wires.
  33. Custom made turbo oil hard supply line.
  34. Garrett turbo speed sensor. Gt35r
  35. New clutch slave.
  36. Robinson output shaft support kit.
  37. 12/24v race starter. Brocks billet starter gear pins.
  38. 500 watt generator.
  39. Brocks pair valve block offs and pair plug eliminator.
  40. APE billet breather cover.
  41. Adams Rectifier relocation kit.
  42. Lipo race battery.
  43. Brocks triple tree, lowered
  44. Rostra cruise, yes, cruise control.
  45. olins Steering dampener.
  46. Led high and low beams.
  47. Hot Jet heat coating on turbo and downpipes. Very expensive but highly recommended.
  48. Light and radiator fans kill switches.
  49. Ignition switch removed, on toggle switch.
  50. Engine kill switch installed.
  51. Motec C127 digital dash. IO and dash creator turned on. Highly recommend.
  52. Maxxecu race with the following custom sensors. Fuel pressure, coolant temp, laser height, tire temp, EGTs, boost and MAP, oil temp, wastegate pressure, pre and post intercooler air temp, intercooler water temp, shock pressure, Lambda, oil pressure, battery, fuel level, flex fuel sensor, turbo speed sensor, gps, 360 gear position sensor, and a few more…
  53. Boost by Smith ECU to hayabusa stock harness custom wiring. All lights and blinkers controlled via dash custom wiring by Boost by Smith. Mode button controls boost map choice.
  54. Full carbon body (in process).

Crazy man! By the way, I LOVE how nice the swingarm looks in red, and I usually think colored swingarms and frames look trashy most of the time. Your bike looks so clean!

The wheels are anodized gloss red. I had the swingarm powder coated to match a red gloss anodize. It actually came out very close and looks really good in the sunlight. Once I get the carbon body done i was going to powder coat it flat black because what i am doing with the body, i do not think it will look right. Maybe over next winter.

Back