Ist gen no start

I would try feeding it the 12v like suggested
I took the positive terminal off the starter to see how much voltage I’m loosing without it on the system. Had the battery on charge all night. Voltage was 13.8 when I hit the start button with no starter voltage was still dropping to 11volts so going to go threw the harness again and see if I find any bad wires or anything.

I took the positive terminal off the starter to see how much voltage I’m loosing without it on the system. Had the battery on charge all night. Voltage was 13.8 when I hit the start button with no starter voltage was still dropping to 11volts so going to go threw the harness again and see if I find any bad wires or anything.
There is the start of your problems

Did you mean 12.8 volts at rest, the voltage of a new battery?

Using an ammeter run a short circuit test.

not to threadjack but

i think im having a similar issue....bike starts right up when cold...once engine is warmed up...it acts like it dont wanna start....no slow cranking at all. It's getting plenty of battery juice, i'm pretty sure its getting fuel cuz i can smell it in the exhaust. Just seems like no spark...

I've heard it could possibly be the coils but not sure...can anybody point me the right direction?

Thanx in advance!

Back