Starting

busaboi70

Registered
My motor does nothing but continuously turn over when trying to start. I have replaced spark plugs, coils, injectors, fuel filter, fuel pump, cold crank sensor, tilt sensor, stator, rectifier, new battery, and the ecu. I can't figure out why it won't start.

My motor does nothing but continuously turn over when trying to start. I have replaced spark plugs, coils, injectors, fuel filter, fuel pump, cold crank sensor, tilt sensor, stator, rectifier, new battery, and the ecu. I can't figure out why it won't start.
How's the compression?

How's the spark look?

How's the fuel pressure?

Just spit-balling ideas....

Check all the fuses...in my experience it's worth buying all new fuses and replacing them all....

+1 - Just a no brainer: do you have proper (fresh) fuel in it?

Welcome along… how about giving up some info on history of the bike, usual stuff like year model, how long you’ve owned it, odometer reading, circumstances leading up to the no start situation.
You’ve thrown a lot of expensive parts at it and no result, it needs a diagnostic approach at fault finding.
Just explain what it was running like before this no go occurred.

Welcome along… how about giving up some info on history of the bike, usual stuff like year model, how long you’ve owned it, odometer reading, circumstances leading up to the no start situation.
You’ve thrown a lot of expensive parts at it and no result, it needs a diagnostic approach at fault finding.
Just explain what it was running like before this no go occurred.
It's an '04 with roughly 27,000 on it. It ran smooth when riding, then it started getting harder to crank it. Took a few tries at first for it to crank, then got to where it didn't crank anymore, it would do nothing but just keep turning over.

It's an '04 with roughly 27,000 on it. It ran smooth when riding, then it started getting harder to crank it. Took a few tries at first for it to crank, then got to where it didn't crank anymore, it would do nothing but just keep turning over.
Are you in a position to be able to competently work on the bike?
Was it you or someone else that did the previous work you spoke of where all those parts were replaced?
There is a few tests that must be done to ascertain the cause of the problem . . .
The fuel tank needs to be raised and fuel pump verified whether its running when ignition key is turned on
If the pump runs, then fuel pressure needs to be checked. If it's not running, then power feed to the pump must be checked.
If pump and pressure are ok, check spark plug condition and spark at the plugs, if ok then check compression at cylinders.
Just basic checks to get you started, as said earlier, spray some engine start into the air intake as you crank the engine over with the starter. Also, be sure to have a FULLY charged battery and/or a charged jump pack connected to the battery.
It is VERY important to have full charge in the battery when cranking the engine, and a fast cranking speed while cranking.

Check valve lash. It's possible you have none and some valves are not closing all the way.

If valves do not completely close, then the compression stroke will blow back through the throttle-bodies.
It will be very apparent.
Also, valves tend to get tighter as they wear, as their hardened seats get beaten further up into the aluminum head, by the continously rapidly closing valves.

Wow! I would have stopped after the spark pugs and taken it to a shop. Then if they hadn't a clue...
I'll be interested to see how this thread pans out but hell, it could be anything?

Back