2000 busa- stalls after getting hot & starting issue when hot

armeet

Registered
I have a 1999/ 2000 busa. Some times the bike seems to stall after getting hot i:e after the fan kicks in (usually in stop go traffic), and also refuses to start after a long ride. If I let the bike cool down its seems to start fine.

I initially suspected the fuel pump, hence i replace it and also cleaned the injectors. However the problem continues to remain the same.

I have also replaced the stator coil and the rectifier. Could there be problem with any of the sensors (TPS etc) or fuel lines ?

Please help !!!!!!!

thanks for the reply Busabim, but since i have just put in new fuel pump (barely ridden a 2-3miles after putting that in). Just wondering if there is more to the problem besides the fuel pump...

hey guys, Update on the problem. well i did put in an inline auxiliary pump, however the problem still continues to be there. When the bikes heats up it stalls and then eventually dies down and refuses to start untill it cool downs.

My mech diagnosed the problem to be a faulty FPR, after the bike refuses start - removing the vacuum line to the fpr seems to get the bike started.

Now the problem is that i am based in India and getting parts is an issue, every thing needs to be imported and lead times can be a month. My mech has a FPR off a honda 954 in stock, we are trying to modify it make it fit on the busa fuel pump module....

my the question to you guys is that, will a honda fpr work on the busa since the fpr on the honda is at the end of the fuel rail and on the busa its before that. Also do you guys think there is more to this problem besides the fpr...

looking forward to your advice on this... cheers

update - couldnt manage to fit any other FPR on the bike. Tryed clearing the FPR with compressed air / WD40, worked fine for 20-30 miles but again started acting up.

Now my question is what will happen if i keep the vaccum line from the fpr removed all the time?

Back