Ist gen no start

Drucifer9776

Registered
My 1st gen hayabusa will not start...fuel pump turns on no spark...no codes...loses voltage at the coils when key is engaged...replaced stator already ??? Need help???

Age of the battery?
What happened before the issue?
What electrical mods or accessories have been added?
Checked all ground connections?
New battery...ive replaced the ecu and wiring harness along with the ignition and stator....i think the timing might be off

What I ended up doing to mine to prove it
I cut the 12volt feed to the coils stripped the end hit the starter button, and while cranking jumpered 12v to the coil lead
Fired INSTANTLY back tracing the 12 v feed I never found where I lost all the voltage
in thru RH control
in and out of key switch
in and out of relay block

I ended up just wiring a dedicated switched 12 v to them bike startes and runs much better now

What I ended up doing to mine to prove it
I cut the 12volt feed to the coils stripped the end hit the starter button, and while cranking jumpered 12v to the coil lead
Fired INSTANTLY back tracing the 12 v feed I never found where I lost all the voltage
in thru RH control
in and out of key switch
in and out of relay block

I ended up just wiring a dedicated switched 12 v to them bike startes and runs much better now
What wires did you cut and run to the coil. Im getting no spark but also dropping voltage from 12.5 to 14.5 volts to 10-11.5 volts when trying to start the bike.

I was not gonna chase it all the way back thru as my plenum and everything was on
I cut open the harness with the Coil power and grounds near the Cam sensor plug
there is a grey wire that in key on feed them 12v
I cut it there and solder a wire from a Keyed SOLID 12v junction block I have for powering up all my key on stuff (boost controller Intercooler pump ECT)
before I even soldered it I stripped both the wire I cut/Both ends and wrapped them together, tried starting....nothing
Cranking the instant I touched to "aftermarket 12v" she fired
after years of struggling I did this 6-8 times back and forth I was Blown away
and I mean struggling I had the only 24 volt start 9-1 bike I know of

does it crank "slow"?
Lose coil voltage when you release the starter button?
Just tested the coils again to make sure it looses voltage and it doesn’t they jump back to 12 -13 volts whatever the battery reads. Just loosing 2-3 volts as soon as you try to start it

@15pacman Welcome to the forum.

Forget a jump box. Fully charge the battery. Get it load tested for free at a parts shop and replace it if necessary. Run the short circuit test in the service manual.

Some history of your bike and the results of this may be helpful in moving forward.

@15pacman Welcome to the forum.

Forget a jump box. Fully charge the battery. Get it load tested for free at a parts shop and replace it if necessary. Run the short circuit test in the service manual.

Some history of your bike and the results of this may be helpful in moving forward.
Battery tested good. Had it checked when we thought it was the battery. Going threw the bike again today to see if we can find where the bike loosing 2-3 volts on a fully charged battery.

Were you riding this bike recently? What was the most recent maintenance? Any upgrades or changes? What year is it and how many miles are on it? Was it in any accidents?

Were you riding this bike recently? What was the most recent maintenance? Any upgrades or changes? What year is it and how many miles are on it? Was it in any accidents?
No accident has 22k miles. Iv never got it to run Iv had it almost 2 years I bought it from a shop they said it needed a sensor and I’d have it running in 2 weeks and it’s still at the shop. I’m up here working on it all the time had it spark a few times but nothing for it to fire.

Back