Is This The Future of Helmets?

I would love to see the tests done to these helmets. Whats the difference in impact from say $100 helmet to a $4k helmet? They've obviously had to test the helmet out, so why not show the test and results of it. Unless of course, your $1-$4k helmet does no more to protect your head compared to the rest but its cooler because it made of some fancy material....
the impact difference between a $100 helmet and this one would worlds apart and its far more then fancy material! a lighter helmet itself at that level of technology will be safer due to the speed and reduced mass ur head would hit the pavement at. the reduced mass also helps considerably when doing head checks or in heavy wind conditions.

the lightest helmet reviewed at webBikeworld was the Akuma phantom II weighing in at 3.0. so if this is under 3.0 lbs. its probably the lightest helmet in existence or close to it.

the impact difference between a $100 helmet and this one would worlds apart and its far more then fancy material! a lighter helmet itself at that level of technology will be safer due to the speed and reduced mass ur head would hit the pavement at. the reduced mass also helps considerably when doing head checks or in heavy wind conditions.

the lightest helmet reviewed at webBikeworld was the Akuma phantom II weighing in at 3.0. so if this is under 3.0 lbs. its probably the lightest helmet in existence or close to it.

I would hope it would be worlds apart. My point is though, how many worlds, if any? If it does reduce the impact and/or damage to your head, whats the difference in the material inside the helmet? I don't think the weight of it has much do it with it. Otherwise, every professional athlete/racer whos life depended on their helmet would be wearing one of those carbon fiber helmets. I'm honestly just curious.....

I would hope it would be worlds apart. My point is though, how many worlds, if any? If it does reduce the impact and/or damage to your head, whats the difference in the material inside the helmet? I don't think the weight of it has much do it with it. Otherwise, every professional athlete/racer whos life depended on their helmet would be wearing one of those carbon fiber helmets. I'm honestly just curious.....
well, like the saying goes "Do you have a $100 head?" not to say a $100 helmet would not protect ur head to some degree (of course its better then nothing) and there are plenty of helmets out there that arent carbon fiber that are still lightweight and protective. the inside of the helmet is padding and cushion material. that is not what protects ur head.

Arai and Shoei are awesome helmets and arent carbon fiber (except the corsair carbon of course) but they are top of the line helmets and very safe. they are Snell 2010 certified which isnt the end all be all but most race tracks require a Snell certification for a reason although some will argue Snell doesnt mean that much. I would say an Arai carbon helmet is as good as it gets due to its SNC technology coupled with carbon fiber for less weight.

there is no such thing as a DOT certified helmet either. the DOT does not certify or approve any helmet. Snell 2010 is required at my local drag strip as of this coming racing season. I dont know of any $100 helmets that are Snell approved. maybe there is but im not aware of any nor would I wear a cheap helmet. u usually get wat u pay for when it comes to safety.

I would say when it comes to ur brain box ur id rather spend a few extra dollars then eat out of a straw for the rest of my life cause I wanted to save a few bucks on my helmet.....

well, like the saying goes "Do you have a $100 head?" not to say a $100 helmet would not protect ur head to some degree (of course its better then nothing) and there are plenty of helmets out there that arent carbon fiber that are still lightweight and protective. the inside of the helmet is padding and cushion material. that is not what protects ur head.

Arai and Shoei are awesome helmets and arent carbon fiber (except the corsair carbon of course) but they are top of the line helmets and very safe. they are Snell 2010 certified which isnt the end all be all but most race tracks require a Snell certification for a reason although some will argue Snell doesnt mean that much. I would say an Arai carbon helmet is as good as it gets due to its SNC technology coupled with carbon fiber for less weight.

there is no such thing as a DOT certified helmet either. the DOT does not certify or approve any helmet. Snell 2010 is required at my local drag strip as of this coming racing season. I dont know of any $100 helmets that are Snell approved. maybe there is but im not aware of any nor would I wear a cheap helmet. u usually get wat u pay for when it comes to safety.

I would say when it comes to ur brain box ur id rather spend a few extra dollars then eat out of a straw for the rest of my life cause I wanted to save a few bucks on my helmet.....

LOL, ya drinking out of a straw would suck a bit. I should tear apart my old helmet, and see what they do with the material inside. I figured when you crash it breaks apart and helps absorbs the impact or something like that. Which is why you can only use it once or why you have to buy the helmet if you drop it in a store. lol

LOL, ya drinking out of a straw would suck a bit. I should tear apart my old helmet, and see what they do with the material inside. I figured when you crash it breaks apart and helps absorbs the impact or something like that. Which is why you can only use it once or why you have to buy the helmet if you drop it in a store. lol
yea its said that a motorcycle helmets are only good for one drop. It doesn’t matter if you can see the damage or not. The damage you don’t see could possible cause your helmet to shatter like an eggshell when you really need it in a crash but dropping it at the store will hardly cause that to happen if u have a top of the line helmet imo.

the liner is crushable but ive known a couple guys to fall in their helmet over the years and still use them and fall again and be just fine and fit just fine. not that I would recommend that but when spending $800 on a helmet not everyone can afford to buy another and any helmet is better then no helmet. The foam liner can crush and break which uses up a lot of the energy slowing the speed that ur head will hit the pavement in a real crash but most of the absorbing energy is the rigid outer shell.

ive heard more then a 1 - 2 foot drop onto a hard surface can render a helmet useless as protection in an accident but I think the word useless is overstated. and some say its only good for 5 years but I call BS on that as a general rule for everyone. some ride year round and use their helmet often. others use it maybe a total of a few months a year depending on where u live or how much u ride. if ur makn 8 or 9 second passes at the drag strip ur helmet will last a hell of a lot longer then someone using it every day to commute to work.

Back