Is my tire dead? with pics, need you input

cedric92300

Registered
07 red with 5000 miles
easy going riding most of time with occasional fun

The tire were looking still decent and I decided this morning to do my first burn out
was lots of fun for 5 seconds !

It seems that on top of killing lots of the thread in the center ( normal you would say)
some rocks during the burn did some more damage

Is it safe to ride on it still for a thousand mile?
is it safe to do some highway riding with speed over 90

I will be getting the same bt56 for replacement but they also have qualifier and pilot in stock

thanks for your imput !

(sorry for the upside down pics )

IMG00094.JPG

Change it. Getting an extra 1000 miles out of a tire like that to save the ~$150 for new rubber isn't worth the risk.

not safe for the wet, and may puncture easily.
is it worth holding on to that $ for a little while longer?

Hogwash ! There's plenty of life left in that tire !

Right next to the chicken strips.
tounge.gif

you guys right
I dont really mind changing it right now, I just had no idea if that was acceptable for a little more riding
my dealership got a bt56 in stock for 165 including free mounting and balancing and on top of that I have a coupon for 20% off that suzuki sent me

So now I will know the price of a burn out !
beerchug.gif

heck I will also use the opportunity to mount my 30$ ebay side plate holder while they are getting that tire changed ??

thanks for the imput

Cedric85745

Better to be safe. Next time you can get more miles out of it by leaning into the curves a bit more.
wowold.gif
smile.gif

I do not see any threads.... you see fabric? the tire does not look that thin to me (Pirelli Corsa3 looks thinner than that) and the TWI (Tread wear indicators) are not showing... ride it

Back