Is it for me

4sters

Registered
Greetings, this my first post, was following the forum from sometime, just wanted to pop up a question, plannin to sell off my 9R and want to get a new machine, probably i like busa,

but wanted to ask a Guy 5' 11'' tall and 171 lbs, m i fine for a busa,

or should i go for R1 well heard the seats starts boiling after an hour or 2 of driving.

if possible can you guys count the cons of busa,
#1 Weight I suppose and...

Welcome to the boards. Here is what I think I would do if I were in your shoes. I think I would hold on to your Ninja and wait until '07. I am of the belief that Zook will retool the Busa for the '07 model year. I would wait for that. Just my .02

If you are "normallized" on a big bike, go for it. I am 5'11" 165 and have no trouble w/ it. I have always had big bore bikes as well.

Welcome and enjoy

sit on an r1 and then a busa and your mind will be made for you...thats all it took for me at the dealer, i am 5'9" and 180lb and my busa is lowerd and is fine for me to handle...

welcome aboard depends on what you want it for but the busa is a hell of a machine that does everything well
cool.gif

One of our board members "Scootergirl" is 5'8" and 135 lbs, she rides the pants off her busa with no problem at all. She loves her busa!

Me however, I have both a busa and a K6 Gixxer. I much prefer my gixxer over the busa. I've never been on anything with a fun factor any higher than the new gixxer K6. The busa may be the best "all around" bike on the market today? It does everything well and some things great! Not all that competitive in the corners but a ton of fun! Like Speedemon says, go sit on them and see what feels good. If you can find a dealer that will let you test ride, that's the way to go!

If the Hayabusa sits too high for you stock you can lower it if needed
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GSXRme
Reason for Edit: "dog made me do it"|1130979907 -->

I'm 5' 5" tall and weigh 150 lbs.

I don't have nor have had any problems moving around my 2000 Busa.

Granted my feet barely reach the ground, but if I have to move it backwards I will set it on the kick stand, get off of it and lean it on me to move it.

This has only happened to me once on the street at an accident scene going down a hill.

My wife is 5' 4" and 135 lbs, she rides my busa just fine. In fact, sometimes I have a hard time getting it back when we trade! She rides a Yamaha Warrior so it's not too bad of a trade I guess,(for a short time only) but I can only stand the vibrations for so long.

6'4" 308 lbs. Busa is comfy. People think it's a pig, but it'll run in the twisties just fine. I went out to bear mountain,NY with some friends and i made a run, stopped, got off the bike, took my helmet off and had a seat on the cliff before they rolled up. Great bike
smile.gif
Your size should be plenty.

im 5'11 165 and i have no complaints at all.ive seen guys in their 50's outride plenty of 1000's through the twisties on busas.

Welcome to the maddness....
beerchug.gif

...um I know you don't have a busa yet but how bout some pics of your whip...
tounge.gif

.... moving on... I'm 5'11" and tip the scales at 230
blush.gif
... the busa is great for me... I actually had my heart set on an R1, was at the dealer sitting on it and spotted the busa across the floor. I was like what is that
wow.gif
... had a seat on it and 29,602 miles later I'm still grinnin from ear to ear..
cool.gif
wink.gif

I would wait till 07 thou and see what they offer....

smile.gif
, Thanx for this Overwhelming Response, i appreciate your input, all doubts clear,

Where is my busa
tounge.gif

Back