Is he YANKIN my chain??

screamin kanji

Donating Member
Registered
I have a buddy who just had some work done to his gixxer, and gearing was 1 of them. My buddy was telling me since I had my rear wheel extended that I need to change my gearing to save from serious wear and tear on the tranny. This doesnt make much sense to me, but then, I'm not a rocket scientist. Does this advice deserve any merrit?

Tell him to go ride his lil gixxer and not worry about your Busa:laugh:

Ive never heard of such a thing, and Ive been bothering people around here for sometime now:whistle:

strange....what is this..."gearing" you speak of?? lol

I don't know about the gearing, but one might want a larger rear sprocket to give more clearance of the chain off the swingarm. You could keep the ratio about the same by bumping the front sprocket a tooth or two (also buying clearance), or you could just go larger in the rear and enjoy the extra torque. Other than that, I agree with the posts above.

wait anything beyond 2" worth of extensions dont you have to install 2 tre's?

nope only one TRE for the extensions, the 2nd TRE is if you replace the factory blinker fluid with synthetic blinker fluid and a 3rd TRE if you ride a passenger. I just keep a hand full of TRE's in my tank bag never know when you are gonna need more.

nope only one TRE for the extensions, the 2nd TRE is if you replace the factory blinker fluid with synthetic blinker fluid and a 3rd TRE if you ride a passenger. I just keep a hand full of TRE's in my tank bag never know when you are gonna need more.

i always thought i was slow cause im fat but its cause i changed out my blinker fluid

Back