Is boosted cycle performance still open?

He has responded to me when i text him. I get updates but not a lot has been done on my bike while there. He did send me pics of my parts when they arrived and my motor being build but my motor still isnt done. I think hes backed up a lot more but idk whats going on tbh.
@JoeSTi I'm glad he responded. When was the last time he texted you?

That was how it was supposed to be thats why I prepaid. Its about to be winter so im not super adamant about needing the bike right now. I just want the bike right and I know rob can do a good job. I just want to make sure I get the bike back eventually.
That’s what I said 2 years ago…. Still waiting for my bike or a reply. I don’t want to wait another winter and not get my bike back in the spring. Would be nice if he would reply to his other customers that have been patiently waiting.

That was how it was supposed to be thats why I prepaid. Its about to be winter so im not super adamant about needing the bike right now. I just want the bike right and I know rob can do a good job. I just want to make sure I get the bike back eventually.
I discovered many years ago when building and racing cars that even though a person is “known” to be really, really good at what he/she does in the field, leaving the customer hanging or guessing what’s happening, not making the time to have a chat or call with updates, (b4 emails) burnt me and soured my opinion of said person.
I ended up finding another chassis/engine builder an hr away that was so much more easier to get along with and would have the work done allowing me to finish the race season rather than sit it out and stew on it, get frustrated and take it out on my friends and family. The stress of leaving the car or handing my money over for for a open ended finish date just wasn’t worth it.

The original person ended up closing shop as they had promised too much to too many and delivered nothing to no one and everyone left to find another builder. In the local circles, their name became toxic and even though they were really good at what they did, people weren’t prepared to put up with empty promises.

Sorry, but my money, my bike/car, my only one time on this planet, I’m just not prepared to waste it anymore.

Reputation is everything in business , failure to keep customers informed of their build progress is a big mistake , a part time tuning / build business also not helping here . Unfortunately , it now also brings into question everything about this shops build ethics and work . How professional was the actual work conducted here , were the $ overheads being spent to maintain workshop equipment etc. correctly , was the dyno calibrated on schedule ? Where are the successful customers builds , the reputation , of which I hear this man's name was built on... I cannot believe some actually feel this is / was the only shop for Busa builds and tunes .

Reputation is everything in business , failure to keep customers informed of their build progress is a big mistake , a part time tuning / build business also not helping here . Unfortunately , it now also brings into question everything about this shops build ethics and work . How professional was the actual work conducted here , were the $ overheads being spent to maintain workshop equipment etc. correctly , was the dyno calibrated on schedule ? Where are the successful customers builds , the reputation , of which I hear this man's name was built on... I cannot believe some actually feel this is / was the only shop for Busa builds and tunes .
I know the dyno was owned by another location / shop , and rented by Rob .

Well, I can imagine if Rob was faced with a full-blown case of COVID he probably just dropped everything and was only focused on survival. Maybe this is less a problem with Rob and more a problem of trusting a one-man part-time shop with a $50K+ bike build. When I put my Busa in the shop to get a few last things ironed out the guy took forever and wouldn't give me a deadline. I finally went and got the bike and finished it myself. And he was local so I could check on the bike weekly. The guy resented me checking on the bike constantly and said "I don't need customers who don't trust me." I said "ok" and took the bike home to my garage.

Well, I can imagine if Rob was faced with a full-blown case of COVID he probably just dropped everything and was only focused on survival. Maybe this is less a problem with Rob and more a problem of trusting a one-man part-time shop with a $50K+ bike build. When I put my Busa in the shop to get a few last things ironed out the guy took forever and wouldn't give me a deadline. I finally went and got the bike and finished it myself. And he was local so I could check on the bike weekly. The guy resented me checking on the bike constantly and said "I don't need customers who don't trust me." I said "ok" and took the bike home to my garage.
Kinda hard to pick a bike up when the person doesn’t respond to your text or calls and other ways of trying to communicate with them to return said motorcycle.

Failure to communicate with your customers for over a year(while you have tens of thousands of their property and money in your possesion), means you're dead...should be...or are about to be.
Is my bike there? No.
Have myself and many of us seen this unfold elsewhere? Yep.
No excuses at this point, it's all bs.
We can only hope our friends and fellow riders get their bikes and money back.

Failure to communicate with your customers for over a year(while you have tens of thousands of their property and money in your possesion), means you're dead...should be...or are about to be.
Is my bike there? No.
Have myself and many of us seen this unfold elsewhere? Yep.
No excuses at this point, it's all bs.
We can only hope our friends and fellow riders get their bikes and money back.
True.

These bikes are not black magic or voodoo people. You do not need to sent your machine off to other states to get work done. Have a local shop pull the engine send the engine to a shop that just builds engines and get it back. Or better yet just add rods and pistons and go from there it's as simple as doing a basic rebuild, very very very very very very very very very very few will ever out ride a rod piston stock head cam boosted bike.

These bikes are not black magic or voodoo people. You do not need to sent your machine off to other states to get work done. Have a local shop pull the engine send the engine to a shop that just builds engines and get it back. Or better yet just add rods and pistons and go from there it's as simple as doing a basic rebuild, very very very very very very very very very very few will ever out ride a rod piston stock head cam boosted bike.
I'm in this same situation, sorta. I brought my bike to south Carolina, about 800 miles one way. I emailed numerous times about my plans (very in depth)and wasn't told the parts wouldn't work till after the bike was dropped off and sat for weeks. My bike has been to Rob's and took much longer than stated bit that was years ago. I almost brought it to him but he turned the work down, I suppose I lucked out in that situation. I work 14 to 21 days straight and am off for 6. It sounds good but honestly I'm just catching up with things at the house and family. It's not much time to do anything especially wok on my bikes. It's situations mentioned in this thread that still makes me want to work on my own stuff.

Problem is nobody around my area can do anything other then basic maintenance. My bike was tuned locally and ran like poop. So I sent it to Rob for a tune and wanted him to tune it on the x98. But turned out that the motor was hurt from the previous owner and poop tunes. So that’s why he rebuilt the motor.

Fast forward to now. A place in 8 hours away tuned my other turbo busa and it runs awesome. Wish I knew more about him before going down the road I went down. It seems like other members have had problems with robs time line but never mention it until it’s to late. Either way. Communication is needed badly right now with his customers that have already paid him.

Couldn't you data log it?

You could data-log a basic bolt-on bike(pipe and filter, etc).
As far as data-logging a turbo, sc, or nitros bike, I think you would Need a good base map to start with, and some decent tuning experience.
I have zero experience with boosted bikes, so can't really comment other than that's alot of time and money and A/F would be no place to be guessing.

Rob has contacted me today, still has my bike along with everyone else. He relapsed and caught covid during his stay. But is working diligently on everyone's bike. And I'll be able to get mine in November.

To Roadtoad1340 question, I got no doubt in robs skill or quality of work. There is a reason I drove over 16hrs to have him do my bike. However I do question his horrible almost nonexistent communication skills(also part of my extensive conversation with him).

Back