Iron butt association

1911boy

Registered
ok, im still new to this forum. just got my bike back from the shop (it came with a cracked oil pan, or something). i ame coming off an 04 R1, and bought the busa for longer distances...i commute about 80 miles a day. has anyone ever done an iron butt ride? the shortest is 1000 miles in under 24 hours, and they go up from there. i am planning one for this weekend, and just wondering if anyone else has done one... i will post pics of my bike this week, as soon as i bring home my camera from work.

Yeah , in the wifes minivan .
laugh.gif

Been wanting to do one for some time now.

--Wag--

I've been planning to do it. The weekend I had open to do it got rained out. I was going to add it to my vacation in September, but I'm already doing 3,000 miles in 10 days on the Busa, so I didn't want to add a 1,000 day to the mix. I am still planning on getting it in this year. Maybe early October.

I have done the 1000 in >24 hours, 1500 in >36 hours and 3000 in >3 days rides...
but it was on a Goldwing...
However, even on a Goldwing, the 1500 is a ##### and the 3000 is insane...

David

yeah, i did the saddlesore 1000 on July 22, 2006. i did it on my hayabusa. it was a long way but alot of fun. (did it with a friend who was riding a zx6) i have all my gas receipts, log, map, and pictures, but i havent sent the stuff to the ironbutt people yet. i will shortly. i did a total of 1053 miles in 19 hours.

There are several of us who have done the single person IBA rides. There are (I'am sure) also several of us who do IBA rallys each year
biggrin.gif
Just relax, have fun and you'll enjoy it  
idea3.gif

ok, im still new to this forum.  just got my bike back from the shop (it came with a cracked oil pan, or something).  i ame coming off an 04 R1, and bought the busa for longer distances...i commute about 80 miles a day.  has anyone ever done an iron butt ride?  the shortest is 1000 miles in under 24 hours, and they go up from there.  i am planning one for this weekend, and just wondering if anyone else has done one... i will post pics of my bike this week, as soon as i bring home my camera from work.
1,000 miles in 24 hours... "Iron Butt" sounds like no fun at all. I'd rather do 300 miles of 15-25 MPH twisties - that is heaven in my book, even if people call that a soft butt ride
tounge.gif

ok, im still new to this forum.  just got my bike back from the shop (it came with a cracked oil pan, or something).  i ame coming off an 04 R1, and bought the busa for longer distances...i commute about 80 miles a day.  has anyone ever done an iron butt ride?  the shortest is 1000 miles in under 24 hours, and they go up from there.  i am planning one for this weekend, and just wondering if anyone else has done one... i will post pics of my bike this week, as soon as i bring home my camera from work.
1,000 miles in 24 hours... "Iron Butt" sounds like no fun at all. I'd rather do 300 miles of 15-25 MPH twisties - that is heaven in my book, even if people call that a soft butt ride  
tounge.gif
Solf Butt
wow.gif
, I think that's what you get if you ride 600 miles on a Harley Hard Tail
laugh.gif
. A really, really solf tail  
down.gif

Back