Iraq War (10) year later......

GNBRETT

Registered
im tryn to figure what exactly we have gained from invading Iraq (10) years later.....

- 1 trillion dollars spent.

- played a role in spurring a global financial crisis.

- we got Obama....:whistle:

- 4,488 American soldiers dead.

- 35,000 injured soldiers.

- over 1 million dead Iraqi civilains.

- more journalists killed then during Vietnam.

I guess one could make the argument that no other terroist attacks have taken place but considering Iraq had little if anything to do with that im really tryn to fiqure what we actually gained from going there.???

it seems like the only ppl that gained anything are the government weapons contractors and private security companies.

I guess one could make the argument that we got to try out a lot of fancy weapons to see how effective they would be if in fact we were ever invaded but that seems pretty unlikely considering we our the world military super power.

I agree with all except your last seven words.
Other countries have weapons just as sophisticated as ours.
Our systems are not the end all to be all.

I agree with all except your last seven words.
Other countries have weapons just as sophisticated as ours.
Our systems are not the end all to be all.
I dont think Saiid. im pretty sure we have weapons (not nukes) that are far more advanced then most any other country on earth as well as having the most advanced war ships, fighter jets and anti missle defense systems.

persoanlly, I dont think we have even scratched the surface of what our military has in its arsenal simply because we havnt been forced to use them. maybe im wrong tho...???

Many countries have defenses for our offenses and many countries have offenses we have defenses for.
And both have offenses nobody can defend against. But anyway.

Your topic is correct. I believe the Iraq war was a complete waste. Their lives are not much better off now.
Al Qaeda was not in Iraq before us as Saddam tolerated zero of that. There were zero suicide bombings in Iraq under Saddam as well. Their infrastructure was still intact and now it's rubble with nobody rushing to rebuild it. The only thing it did accomplish was to send another advanced Muslim nation back to the Stone Age because they were a possible threat to Israel.

I firmly believe it strengthened Iran which imo is far more dangerous to the US and the stability of the middle east then Saddam could have ever dreamed of being. and yea ur right I dont recall any suicide bombers before we invaded them.

the country is now more divided then its ever been and FAR more dangerous then it was before. I guess one could say that we liberated many people there due to Saddams dictatorship but where will they be (5) years from now?

I think the country as a whole will be worse off then it was before we decided to fight a civil war for a region that has had conflict for over 4500 years....:whistle: people have been fighting for dominance in Mesopotamia, or what is now modern-day Iraq for a VERY long time.

Yeah according to George Dubyah there was caches of weapons of mass destruction. Iraq was the key hub for operations of Al Quaida. Oh yeah dont forget the dilapidated tanks, minute army and abandoned weapons bunkers they all posed a threat to our nations security.......... Well that was what the former president told us so it must have been true right? :poke:

Don't forget that **** Cheney served as chairman and CEO of Halliburton from 1995-2000. Depending on who you want to believe, Halliburton KBR Inc. division supposedly made $11-$22 billion on the Iraq war.

Don't forget that **** Cheney served as chairman and CEO of Halliburton from 1995-2000. Depending on who you want to believe, Halliburton KBR Inc. division supposedly made $11-$22 billion on the Iraq war.

Yes by charging the govt $6.50 per can of coke and letting you the taxpayer pay for it.

it sure is a good thing we invaded Iraq cause if we hadn't there might be a real mess over there now.....:whistle: it wasnt our problem then and it isnt our problem now! thank god that MORON McCain didnt get elected cause if he had we would be there another (10) years!

From McCain..... "Unfortunately, what I anticipated is taking place," he said, adding that the United States should have maintained a "residual force" in the country. lol.... this is why military people should not be running our country cause if they had their way we would be seeing another 3500 American soldiers dead for a bounch of animals that cant seem to stop killing each other over the Jahid.....:whistle:

Wave of attacks kills dozens amid Iraq's upheaval - CNN.com

Sa dem should not have put a price on seniors head. That's why he got his azz spanked :whistle:

Sa dem should not have put a price on seniors head. That's why he got his azz spanked :whistle:

And that my friend is why we got into the mess to begin with. It's because people believe things like the above and WMDs. There was no price on anyone's head ever never.

I'll try to keep it short but accurate.

Coming out of the ten year war with Iran Iraq's economy was failing.
OPEC and the Arab league along with the USA in an effort to help our then ally passed rules saying how much oil each country could sell on the world market. Tried to keep things level. At this time Saddam was trying to reestablish control of Kuwait which he believed to be a province of his (another long old story). Kuwait in an effort to keep Iraq's economy down deliberately sold more than its allotment. Iraq protested, nobody listened nobody cared. Iraq complained to the USA and Rumsfeld. Us Ambassabor April Glaspie was sent to Iraq eight days before the Iraq invasion of Kuwait. She told him Arab to Arab problems were not our concern. We green lighted the invasion.

Transcript of her meeting with Saddam:
>>> APRIL GLASPIE TRANSCRIPT <<<<

After the invasion we get all in an uproar and invade as liberators instead of orchestrators.

We kick his ass, he retreats, wars over. A decade of no fly zones, random targeted bombings and continued constant pressure on him for no reason at all led him to want out. Want out of what? The Petro-Dollar system the world is turning on. No matter what the origin of the barrel of oil it is traded in US dollars, the most constant and most durable currency in the world. Every day we are at odds with Iran and Venezuela they still trade their oil with our dollar. Where does this money go thru? Well US banks of course. Yes everyday the govt tries to convince you our enemies are evil they are at same time conducting business as usual with them and making billions. The whole time during first gulf war and ten yrs of no fly Iraq was trading her oil on the world market in US dollars. With the fall of the dollar and rise of the Euro after Europe harmonized into one currency there was a movement to begin a new system of trading oil. The Petro-Euro was born and this money was going to go thru German mostly but all European banks. Saddam got wind of this and in a foolish effort to spite the hand that had been feeding him he started making efforts to convert over to trading on the Petro-Euro. Had this happened like a domino effect the rest of the world would have jumped on board and our nation would have collapsed overnight. It came to the point to where he was secretly warned what would happen if he did this. There was no price on Sr head. It was a war to quell one of the main supporters of the Petro-Euro and reestablish control of the worldwide oil trading market. Our invasion and destruction of Iraq left no question on anyone's mind what length we as a nation will go to to protect the status quo.

I think a lot of Americans are wondering what we got out of Iraq.

Apparently what we did get out of the last ten years was a heap of low information voters!

And that my friend is why we got into the mess to begin with. It's because people believe things like the above and WMDs. There was no price on anyone's head ever never.

I'll try to keep it short but accurate.

Coming out of the ten year war with Iran Iraq's economy was failing.
OPEC and the Arab league along with the USA in an effort to help our then ally passed rules saying how much oil each country could sell on the world market. Tried to keep things level. At this time Saddam was trying to reestablish control of Kuwait which he believed to be a province of his (another long old story). Kuwait in an effort to keep Iraq's economy down deliberately sold more than its allotment. Iraq protested, nobody listened nobody cared. Iraq complained to the USA and Rumsfeld. Us Ambassabor April Glaspie was sent to Iraq eight days before the Iraq invasion of Kuwait. She told him Arab to Arab problems were not our concern. We green lighted the invasion.

Transcript of her meeting with Saddam:
>>> APRIL GLASPIE TRANSCRIPT <<<<

After the invasion we get all in an uproar and invade as liberators instead of orchestrators.

We kick his ass, he retreats, wars over. A decade of no fly zones, random targeted bombings and continued constant pressure on him for no reason at all led him to want out. Want out of what? The Petro-Dollar system the world is turning on. No matter what the origin of the barrel of oil it is traded in US dollars, the most constant and most durable currency in the world. Every day we are at odds with Iran and Venezuela they still trade their oil with our dollar. Where does this money go thru? Well US banks of course. Yes everyday the govt tries to convince you our enemies are evil they are at same time conducting business as usual with them and making billions. The whole time during first gulf war and ten yrs of no fly Iraq was trading her oil on the world market in US dollars. With the fall of the dollar and rise of the Euro after Europe harmonized into one currency there was a movement to begin a new system of trading oil. The Petro-Euro was born and this money was going to go thru German mostly but all European banks. Saddam got wind of this and in a foolish effort to spite the hand that had been feeding him he started making efforts to convert over to trading on the Petro-Euro. Had this happened like a domino effect the rest of the world would have jumped on board and our nation would have collapsed overnight. It came to the point to where he was secretly warned what would happen if he did this. There was no price on Sr head. It was a war to quell one of the main supporters of the Petro-Euro and reestablish control of the worldwide oil trading market. Our invasion and destruction of Iraq left no question on anyone's mind what length we as a nation will go to to protect the status quo.

I like my story better, plus it was way shorter :laugh:

Back